[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

Quote from: geekest_cat on September 19, 2015, 06:11:20 AM
I've stumbled upon a minor GUI issue, when large cloth names (and I assume, any other inventory object) that occupy more than one text row are stretched this way:

Quote from: Ectoplasm on September 19, 2015, 07:08:40 AM
I'm reticent to say if it's a bug, might be mod / order conflict etc, but the inventory window will only open the once for me. (3.0.5 pre-release). First time it work's after that it just wont open.

I've released a version with fixes for both of these issues.

Download EdB Interface 3.0.6 (Pre-Release)

EDIT:  Disabled the link.  Download the newest version from the original post.

Commander Beanbag

I get this error on opening the work tab: http://i.imgur.com/xwj0u9x.jpg

That screenshot was from a modded game, but I disabled all mods and the same error still occured.

EdB

Quote from: Commander Beanbag on September 19, 2015, 03:48:15 PM

That screenshot was from a modded game, but I disabled all mods and the same error still occured.

Are you using version 12d?  From what I can tell, the function that the error message is talking about was not there in earlier alpha 12 versions.

Ectoplasm

3.0.5-pre is looking good now. I like the the changes to the pop-up menu on the left. The inventory window not showing bug is indeed fixed. The scaling of the icons in the inventory window is uniform now too!

Most impressed.

LanMc

Thank you so much for this mod!  The latest version is working quite well, no bugs, no issues and everything feels just right. 

I didn't realize how much this mod was a must have for me until it wasn't there.  The pawn icons along the top are invaluable, I don't understand why it hasn't been implemented into the game.  I love the layout and flow of the menus, it makes so much more sense and are easier to read. Subtle changes, true, but wow, what a difference!

Great work!  Again, thank you so much for all you do for us!
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

Kinsume

Thanks for the update man, makes everything so much more organized. Keep up the hard work!

Commander Beanbag

Quote from: EdB on September 19, 2015, 04:47:10 PM
Quote from: Commander Beanbag on September 19, 2015, 03:48:15 PM

Are you using version 12d?  From what I can tell, the function that the error message is talking about was not there in earlier alpha 12 versions.

I updated the game and it was fixed. Cheers!

geekest_cat

BTW, another minor bug: the pawn "mood" superbar lacks the small threshold white marks that the food, rest, beauty, etc needs show below them.

Another feature that I propose is the possibility to rearrange the pawn icons order at will.

EdB

Quote from: geekest_cat on September 20, 2015, 03:31:25 PM
Another feature that I propose is the possibility to rearrange the pawn icons order at will.

Use the Squads window to change the order of your "All Colonists" squad.  This will reorder the pawn icons (and the pawn lists in the Work, Outfits and Restrictions windows).

geekest_cat

Quote from: EdB on September 20, 2015, 03:37:46 PM
Quote from: geekest_cat on September 20, 2015, 03:31:25 PM

Use the Squads window to change the order of your "All Colonists" squad.  This will reorder the pawn icons (and the pawn lists in the Work, Outfits and Restrictions windows).

Brilliant, thanks!

skullywag

squads, quality work as always EdB. Loving this release.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Ectoplasm

When you open the health window for a pawn, and cycle to the next using the little arrows, it doesn't cycle in the same order as the colonist bar. I guess this has something to do with rearranging the colonist bar order through squads? A small thing, but thought I would mention it!

EdB

Quote from: Ectoplasm on September 21, 2015, 11:00:28 AM
When you open the health window for a pawn, and cycle to the next using the little arrows, it doesn't cycle in the same order as the colonist bar. I guess this has something to do with rearranging the colonist bar order through squads? A small thing, but thought I would mention it!

Yes, I noticed this along the way, but decided to leave it using the default order in which the colonists are stored by the game.   The colonist that you have selected may not be in the squad that's currently displayed in the colonist bar, so it's not necessarily as straightforward to solve this as you might think, but it's something that I should probably revisit because it does feel a little wrong.

cucumpear

I've noticed that cycling issue, too. But I haven't used squads yet and I think I had it occur in a11 as well. I assumed it was just the game cycling differently than as per recruitment order.
This person might poke around in Def folders more than is healthy.
https://github.com/cucumpear

Simulacrum0

can you add health concerns to the available to assign at lest who has bad back and fail?