[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLHeart

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on October 28, 2015, 04:12:29 AM
Enhanced Tabs doesn't modify the restriction and outfit tabs, so it's a bit odd that he's back on those tabs after switching... Does EdB keep two separate lists of pawns?

loaded the game up to check, and you are correct, floyd the missing colonist shows on the work tab, but not in the interface, restrictions, or outfits tab... 3 loads later, he is still MIA from EDB, but is in the game. Teach me to save while a colonist is on an away mission.

iisamonkey

Quote from: TLHeart on October 28, 2015, 05:38:27 PM
Enhanced Tabs doesn't modify the restriction and outfit tabs, so it's a bit odd that he's back on those tabs after switching... Does EdB keep two separate lists of pawns?

loaded the game up to check, and you are correct, floyd the missing colonist shows on the work tab, but not in the interface, restrictions, or outfits tab... 3 loads later, he is still MIA from EDB, but is in the game. Teach me to save while a colonist is on an away mission.

I'm just now having the same issue, except it's with 4 colonists, in every tab except the work and restrictions tab, they are accounted for, with the population graph even acknowledging that they exist and aren't "Missing".

Did you ever find a fix for this or was a patch released that fixed this?

TLHeart

Quote from: iisamonkey on December 10, 2015, 12:46:59 AM
Quote from: TLHeart on October 28, 2015, 05:38:27 PM

I'm just now having the same issue, except it's with 4 colonists, in every tab except the work and restrictions tab, they are accounted for, with the population graph even acknowledging that they exist and aren't "Missing".

Did you ever find a fix for this or was a patch released that fixed this?

Sorry no way I found to fix it. finally just started a new game.

Killaim

cant seem to figure out which mod it is that allows you to save a perticular placement for colonists who are drafted so they run to their chosen spon when done so.

is it in this and i cant seem to remember the keys to press?

RickyMartini

Yes it is included in the Misc mod. If I remember right you have to press shift and K. But a message appears on the screen if you start a new colony after you've installed misc mod.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0

Kaballah

It would be really great if, when you have multiple melee colonists selected, right-click had them attack target under cursor the way ranged colonists will, instead of "go here or nearest unoccupied tile".  Failing that, a hotkey for "melee attack" that worked with multiple colonists selected would be fine.

Cherna

Is it possible to hide cryptosleep colonists from colonists bar? I want to do some sort of cannon fodder stockpile for some extreme events and they shouldn't be all time at colonists bar.

Grimandevil

Quote from: Cherna on March 01, 2016, 01:59:15 PM
Is it possible to hide cryptosleep colonists from colonists bar? I want to do some sort of cannon fodder stockpile for some extreme events and they shouldn't be all time at colonists bar.
go to the Squads tab and make a new squad with those colonists u like. then change which squad is displayed.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

falconbunker

Hello, for some reason EDB interface does not replace the normal gameplay interface when I load up a save that had the interface mod on, this is the error message.

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Platform assembly: C:\RimWorld914Win\RimWorld914Win_Data\Managed\Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
Failed to replace gameplay interface with EdB Interface

and then these errors show up after that, the first error in the area below shows up then the second, then the first, and so on.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at EdB.Interface.ColonistTracker.InitializeWithDefaultColonists () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.Interface.ComponentColonistTracker.Initialize (EdB.Interface.UserInterface userInterface) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.Interface.UserInterface..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.Interface.Controller.ReplaceUIRoot () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.Interface.Controller.GameplayUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.SquadAI.Brain.SquadBrainTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.SquadAI.BrainManager.SquadBrainManagerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

If I could get help that'd be very much appreciated.

Quickbowjob

The one and only mod i really miss now A13 it should had been added by default :'(

Scaphismus

Quote from: Quickbowjob on April 06, 2016, 11:42:46 PM
The one and only mod i really miss now A13 it should had been added by default :'(

So true. There are a lot of mods that I love, but this is the only one that I really think needs to be integrated as an official feature.

Dakkon

I've tried and I just can't play rimworld without this mod. It's the only absolutely must have for me.

skullywag

I would love it if the colonist toolbar was separated out as a single mod, would you (EdB) be against me attempting this? or should I not bother (I havent even looked at how complex this might be)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Ectoplasm

Quote from: Scaphismus on April 06, 2016, 11:48:04 PM

So true. There are a lot of mods that I love, but this is the only one that I really think needs to be integrated as an official feature.

Quote from: Dakkon on April 07, 2016, 06:20:44 AM
I've tried and I just can't play rimworld without this mod. It's the only absolutely must have for me.

Indeedy, I'll chime in here agreeing (few others are must haves for me too though!). First mod I came to check for when I saw the SendOwl email!! I honestly believe that something similar to this mod will be in a later version of Rimworld - somewhere approaching v1.0. The reason I feel it hasn't been added yet is because the code maintenance would then fall into Tynan's hands. He stated in the past that only around 25% of his time is spent developing new features with the rest just fixing bugs / maintaining already existing code.  Though in the past a reason given for not having a quick bar type setup for pawns was issues with lower resolution laptops (not enough real estate room on screen).

This mod is too good, too needed, for it not to be added. Thanks EdB for giving it to us. I'm just bursting at the seems to try the latest release, but my mods!! ARgggh.. Patience is a virtue.

zidey

hope you have chance to get this one updated soon, even if all you do is the character bar at the top of the screen.