[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scaphismus

Quote from: zidey on April 08, 2016, 05:58:23 PM
hope you have chance to get this one updated soon, even if all you do is the character bar at the top of the screen.

Agreed. The whole mod is awesome, but the colonist bar really is the most important part. I can still hardly believe that it hasn't been added to the base game yet. I've seen some people say that Tynan doesn't like it because it takes up too much screen real-estate (I don't know if that's the real reason, just a rumor I've seen), but it should at least be an option. I've got a decent sized monitor, and am more than willing to sacrifice the screen space.

rstrom11

Any word on if he is working on an update for alpha 13?

Scaphismus

Quote from: rstrom11 on April 08, 2016, 06:17:06 PM
Any word on if he is working on an update for alpha 13?

EdB made a comment in the Prepare Carefully post saying that he's looking into updating it, but it will be a while due to all the changes.

I imagine that he's analyzing this one as well. We're just gonna have to be patient. We'll all be back to cannibalizing raider corpses before we know it.  ;)

Negocromn

CreepyD

Trying to play without that pawn bar at the top is a nightmare, even with only 5-6 colonists!  Also eagerly awaiting an update :)

Hicks

Awesome mod, unfortunately i cannot play the game without that colonist bar! :)

If Tynan's worried about screen real-estate, surely it could be added as an option that can be toggled for those that do/don't want it.
Stay frosty.

Nythia Nythulu

I'm more than willing to wait or make threatening gestures if need be. This mod makes the difference between good game play and great game play. Don't let our pawns go picture-less! Please update when you have time. 

CastAway

Hi, is there a chance to get the source code for the mod? The Source folder is empty now.

Dust Vixen

Like many before me, I too can't wait until this mod is up and running!

*Sits on a barrel, swinging legs*

tigg

EdB

I just added a quick update to the original post about progress on the Alpha 13 version of the mod.  I'm not really close to releasing anything, so I'll have to ask everyone to stay patient.  I appreciate all of the encouragement--I will continue working on it.

Lady Wolf

No rush I'll happily wait for you to do a proper job with it, even a partial release like you did for A12 with just the colonist bar will be sufficient, but take your time.  8)

A_Soft_Machine_Man

Quote from: Lady Wolf on April 09, 2016, 08:38:33 PM
No rush I'll happily wait for you to do a proper job with it, even a partial release like you did for A12 with just the colonist bar will be sufficient, but take your time.  8)

^ This. I already snagged the Prepare Carefully Beta, so I'd be totally game for a partial release ala' A12.

Topper

Quote from: EdB on April 09, 2016, 08:18:47 PM
I just added a quick update to the original post about progress on the Alpha 13 version of the mod.  I'm not really close to releasing anything, so I'll have to ask everyone to stay patient.  I appreciate all of the encouragement--I will continue working on it.
Why havnt some of these almost universally used mods been added to the main game? Is there some communication issues with the Dev or do you not wish to release your work? Stuff like prepare carefully, mod order and the colonist bar should be part of the game unless there is "business" issue getting in the way. Its frustrating to have to wait 2-3 months after release of a patch for all the modders to trickle back in and update their content. Some of them arnt comin back and content is getting lost. There has got to be a better way of handling these updates then tracking down old forum posts and nerco'n them hoping someone will come back and update a mod for a game they might not be playing anymore.