[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

I've released a standalone version of the Colonist Bar.  You'll find the link and info in the original post.

This will give me time to figure out what to do with the rest of the interface mod.  The next couple of weeks are pretty busy for me, so again, it will probably be awhile before you see any kind of full release.

It is possible that I will end up breaking it down further into smaller mods like this--I'd like to hear feedback on that idea.  It would definitely give me better choices and make things easier to manage whenever a new alpha is released.

MisterVertigo

Thank you for this! I love the rest of this mod, but this is the part I seem to miss the most!

I don't have an issue with you breaking it into smaller pieces. It makes it a bit more to install, but it may also reduce the chances of having conflicts with other mods. Just my 2 silver...
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

MisterVertigo

Does the A13 Colonist Bar require a new game? I can't seem to get it to work on my existing game. Thanks!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

skullywag

EdB

Quote from: MisterVertigo on April 10, 2016, 02:00:20 AM
Does the A13 Colonist Bar require a new game? I can't seem to get it to work on my existing game. Thanks!

Yeah, sorry about that.  I did not realize.  It's one of the side-effects of using this "map component" approach.  I'll take a look at it tomorrow to see if there's anything I can do about it.

CastAway

Quote from: EdB on April 10, 2016, 12:39:04 AM
I've released a standalone version of the Colonist Bar.  You'll find the link and info in the original post.

This will give me time to figure out what to do with the rest of the interface mod.  The next couple of weeks are pretty busy for me, so again, it will probably be awhile before you see any kind of full release.

It is possible that I will end up breaking it down further into smaller mods like this--I'd like to hear feedback on that idea.  It would definitely give me better choices and make things easier to manage whenever a new alpha is released.

Could you share the source for EdB Interface and Colonist Bar? I tried to decomile the first one but it's a horrific process. Could you put it on GitHub etc?

skullywag

Im not sure but you may want to look into LongEventHandler.ExecuteWhenFinished for processing stuff later in the main thread...i think.

Vee

Crash on game start on linux. Right after selecting the pawns you want to start with.
I've had the same problem with Colony Manager, the dev fixed it stating they changed the thread in which textures were loaded.
Here is the logfile: https://bpaste.net/show/a152f4a2a4d9
I selected EdBColonistBar as the only mod (besides core). Generated a new world and started a new game.

geekest_cat

Quote from: Vee on April 10, 2016, 02:40:05 AM
Crash on game start on linux. Right after selecting the pawns you want to start with.
I've had the same problem with Colony Manager, the dev fixed it stating they changed the thread in which textures were loaded.
I selected EdBColonistBar as the only mod (besides core). Generated a new world and started a new game.

I also use Linux, and can confirm the bug.

Dakkon

EdB I eagerly await your awesome mods but with the colonist bar v13 is now playable! :D

Riamu

notfood

Another Linux confirm over here.

EdB

I'll try to follow some of the suggestions about how to fix the texture loading problem.  Thanks for the bug report.  I don't have a Linux install to test on, so it will be difficult for me to confirm it before doing a release.

winowmak3r

Thank you so much for releasing the mod (even if it's just the colonist bar) for a13 so quickly!