[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

lol didn't realize i had so many ppl in my game! man that bar makes a huge different :) thanks EdB !

Acruid

Crashing too since adding this to my existing save game.

The mod either contains a memory leak, or is aggravating a memory leak in the core game. You can watch the private memory usage slowly increase in task manager until it reaches 3.2GB, then the game will crash from out of memory issues. This seems to happen over an hour or so. My game without the mod enabled runs around 1.4GB private memory. Reloading the mod or the save game does not free up the memory.

Can some people that started a new game with the mod verify if it does not leak memory?

kosh401

I was going to make a new post but will try here first.

I too am crashing after anywhere from 20-40 minutes play time due to a memory leak it seems. I've added a bunch of A13 mods so am unsure if it's this one specifically causing it, but perhaps it is as you guys are seeing it too. I played fine with HardcoreSK on A12 (8gb RAM, 290, 2500k) on Win10 64. For what it's worth, I zipped my mods folder and gave it to a friend and he's got the same crash. Both fresh A13 installs.

I attached a copy of my output_log rather than pasting it all in here. The bottom portion paste though is:

DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocationCould not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Trying to allocate: 524288B with 4 alignment. MemoryLabel: STL
Allocation happend at: Line:74 in
Memory overview

[ ALLOC_DEFAULT ] used: 2264388005B | peak: 0B | reserved: 2424516664B

[ ALLOC_GFX ] used: 192674587B | peak: 0B | reserved: 230387812B

[ ALLOC_CACHEOBJECTS ] used: 65292B | peak: 0B | reserved: 10485760B

[ ALLOC_TYPETREE ] used: 0B | peak: 0B | reserved: 0B

[ ALLOC_PROFILER ] used: 599688B | peak: 0B | reserved: 8388608B
Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Trying to allocate: 524288B with 4 alignment. MemoryLabel: STL
Allocation happend at: Line:74 in
Memory overview

[ ALLOC_DEFAULT ] used: 2264388005B | peak: 0B | reserved: 2424516664B

[ ALLOC_GFX ] used: 192674587B | peak: 0B | reserved: 230387812B

[ ALLOC_CACHEOBJECTS ] used: 65292B | peak: 0B | reserved: 10485760B

[ ALLOC_TYPETREE ] used: 0B | peak: 0B | reserved: 0B

[ ALLOC_PROFILER ] used: 599688B | peak: 0B | reserved: 8388608B

(Filename:  Line: 920)

Crash!!!
  ERROR: Error while initializing dbghelp.dll, GetLastError: 'The operation completed successfully.' (Address: 00000000)

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

ERROR: Error while initializing dbghelp.dll, GetLastError: 'The operation completed successfully.' (Address: 00000000)

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

**** Crash! ****

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated and I'm happy to provide more info etc if needed. Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Lumaan

Quote from: Acruid on April 11, 2016, 05:51:55 PM

The mod either contains a memory leak, or is aggravating a memory leak in the core game. You can watch the private memory usage slowly increase in task manager until it reaches 3.2GB, then the game will crash from out of memory issues. This seems to happen over an hour or so. My game without the mod enabled runs around 1.4GB private memory. Reloading the mod or the save game does not free up the memory.

Can some people that started a new game with the mod verify if it does not leak memory?
Just did a test with only this and EdBModOrder loaded on a default size map without Permadeath, and 90 mins later no memory leak.
Will test some more to see if I can find what mods don't like playing together, and loadorder. A13 is what I'm testing here.

falcongrey

I started a new game, never added to an existing. I do edit the pawns, all 3, to my personal like. Choosing age, and such. tweaking the stats a little then saved the group. Then started the new game. No crashes... all seems to work fine. :/
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

BlackSmokeDMax

I played a game on Sunday for about 6-8 hours with no crash. It was a new game with colonist bar as the only mod.

RazorHed

Thank you so much.  I find the game unplayable anymore without the colonist bar .

kosh401

I can't wait to be able to play without the crashing lol.. I'm going to link my /mods folder in case some kind soul wishes to test it for themselves:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxX3oVHZEsP2T0dZc18zR2JhSms (16MB)

I have been using the largest 400x map... but I played HardcoreSK on that map size with no problems on A12 just a few weeks ago. And that's a 400MB mod folder.

Fresh crash.dmp, error, output_log, and report file linked:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxX3oVHZEsP2TE9yX0FreG5LUGc

"EdB.Interface.ColonistBarDrawer" is specifically mentioned on the output_log in the *** Crash ! *** section at the bottom but it's all mostly jibberish to me :/   

Anyway I hope this is helpful somehow.. Love the mods :D

EdB

Thanks everyone who is investigating this.  I will spend some time looking into it.  If you are testing this out, be sure that you have the second version on the colonist bar that was released on Sunday (this version has the Linux fix).

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: EdB on April 12, 2016, 11:11:35 AM

Thanks everyone who is investigating this.  I will spend some time looking into it.  If you are testing this out, be sure that you have the second version on the colonist bar that was released on Sunday (this version has the Linux fix).

Hi EdB, First of all... thanks for all the work on these RimWorld projects!

Next, a question, I downloaded and am running the first version of the colonist bar with no problems (on windows), was the linux fix the only thing in that second release? Basically, if I'm having no problems, do you think I should just keep at it with this version, at least until my next new game?

mattb150

I'm also leaking memory.  I have a number of mods in use.  Dumping my modcfg file here for comparison.

Quote from: kosh401 on April 12, 2016, 09:20:22 AM
I can't wait to be able to play without the crashing lol.. I'm going to link my /mods folder in case some kind soul wishes to test it for themselves:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxX3oVHZEsP2T0dZc18zR2JhSms (16MB)

I have been using the largest 400x map... but I played HardcoreSK on that map size with no problems on A12 just a few weeks ago. And that's a 400MB mod folder.

Fresh crash.dmp, error, output_log, and report file linked:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxX3oVHZEsP2TE9yX0FreG5LUGc

"EdB.Interface.ColonistBarDrawer" is specifically mentioned on the output_log in the *** Crash ! *** section at the bottom but it's all mostly jibberish to me :/   

Anyway I hope this is helpful somehow.. Love the mods :D

The only mods you and I have in common are Additional Joy Objects, Mideval Shields, Rimfire, Colonist Bar, and RW mods Enhanced Tabs, Manager, and Medical Info.  I think it must be one of these mods.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Astasia

Quote from: mattb150 on April 12, 2016, 06:56:37 PM
I'm also leaking memory.  I have a number of mods in use.  Dumping my modcfg file here for comparison.

I'm getting the memory leak as well, only other mods I share with you are Rimsenal and Rimsenal_security. I downloaded this yesterday and started a new game. I didn't play long enough to crash at all yesterday, today I've had a couple crashes after ~2 hour sessions.

Core
EdBModOrder
EdBPrepareCarefully
Mad Skills
ResourceKompression
Rimsenal
Rimsenal_hair
Rimsenal_Security
EdBColonistBar
ExpandedProsthetics&OrganEngineering
EasyCure

EasyCure is a tiny personal mod that just makes diseases go away a lot faster, just alters a few values in Hediffs_Infections.xml.

mattb150

Quote from: Astasia on April 12, 2016, 07:34:30 PM
Quote from: mattb150 on April 12, 2016, 06:56:37 PM

I'm getting the memory leak as well, only other mods I share with you are Rimsenal and Rimsenal_security. I downloaded this yesterday and started a new game. I didn't play long enough to crash at all yesterday, today I've had a couple crashes after ~2 hour sessions.

Core
EdBModOrder
EdBPrepareCarefully
Mad Skills
ResourceKompression
Rimsenal
Rimsenal_hair
Rimsenal_Security
EdBColonistBar
ExpandedProsthetics&OrganEngineering
EasyCure

EasyCure is a tiny personal mod that just makes diseases go away a lot faster, just alters a few values in Hediffs_Infections.xml.

What's strange is, while you and I share Rimsenal in common, another user in this thread is having the same issue and doesn't even use Rimsenal.  The only mod you, that user, and I share in common is the Colonist Bar.

Lumaan

Some more testing on the memory leak. And seem like it's all about the loadorder, this is the loadorder I've been using for 2½ hours now without the game getting over 2Gb RAM.
Quote<ModsConfigData>
  <buildNumber>1135</buildNumber>
  <activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>EdBModOrder</li>
    <li>More Factions Spawn</li>
    <li>Rimsenal</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_hair</li>
    <li>CPHaulage</li>
    <li>EnviroSeeds_SK</li>
    <li>PackMuffalo</li>
    <li>Fences</li>
    <li>More Furniture</li>
    <li>AllowTool</li>
    <li>RW_MedicalInfo</li>
    <li>RW_EnhancedTabs</li>
    <li>RW_Manager</li>
    <li>EdBColonistBar</li>
  </activeMods>
</ModsConfigData>

If I have EdBColonistbar not as last mods in the loadorder I'm having memory leak.. Why? I don't know, maybe EdB have an idea why.

Truthowl

Excellent!!!!!!!!!! EdB thank you very much for working on updating this and your prepare carefully mod. They are 2 mods i simply cannot play without.

Now I'll probably give A13 another chance. It just wasn't any fun the last time I played. Which was without these 2 mods of yours.
--
Truthowl
--
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 45nm Technology
8.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-880GA-UD3H (Socket M2)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630