[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumaan

Quote from: bonebaby on April 17, 2016, 12:33:47 AM
Was getting the memory leak crashes, so I pulled the latest update and started a new world.  Everything looks good, then saved and exited.  Upon loading up the save, the colonist bar is duplicated, instead of 4 colonists theres 8 in the bar.  Two icons per colonist.  Still, it's better than crashing I suppose  ::)

-BB
Did you delete the folder before installing the new version? If not the you have 2 dll's - EdBInterface.dll (old), EdBColonistBar.dll (new) under ...\Mods\EdBColonistBar\Assemblies - Delete EdBInterface.dll  8)

Have a habit of checking what's change file wise in mods when they update. That's a habit I got after 15+ years using mods i many games  ;D And caught the name change on the dll...

bonebaby

bonebaby

Quote from: Lumaan on April 17, 2016, 12:41:24 AM
Did you delete the folder before installing the new version? If not the you have 2 dll's - EdBInterface.dll (old), EdBColonistBar.dll (new) under ...\Mods\EdBColonistBar\Assemblies - Delete EdBInterface.dll  8)

Have a habit of checking what's change file wise in mods when they update. That's a habit I got after 15+ years using mods i many games  ;D And caught the name change on the dll...

After deleting the old mod folder, and re-extracting the new one the dupe icon issue is resolved.  Thanks for the tip about working with mods, I'll remember it for sure!

-BB

VirazolKaine

Is it possible to enable the colonist bar to display pets as well?

GrumpyGrobby

I can't get the Colonist Bar to show at all.  the only Mods I have active are Core -> EdB Mod Order -> EdB Colonist Bar.  The Mod order seems to be working when I check it (although it has to be restarted every time I start the game), but the Colonist Bar never shows when I load a game or start a new game.....  :(

Update: When I only load Core -> Colonist Bar and start a new game it works.

Rock5

Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

ComputerCynthia

Do you have to start a new world and colony when you the delete folder and re-extract the Colony Bar .3 update?

Acruid

No, if the save already has a previous version working, just replace the mod folder to update.

ComputerCynthia

Quote from: Acruid on April 22, 2016, 10:11:49 AM
No, if the save already has a previous version working, just replace the mod folder to update.
Then, I'm still having the issue after trying the "Version 0.13.0.3 (2016-04-15) " with having sent the folder in the game mod's folder to the trash. "EdBColonistBar-0.13.0.3.zip"

I get run-away memory and double bars of colonists. Can hide those bars independently. Not sure what I'm doing incorrectly/differently. Apart from I'm also running Allow Tool, Pawn Icon States and Veinminer... I have attached a few screen shots.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Acruid

Make sure you fully deleted the old versions folder out of the mods, before placing the new version in. The assembly name changed between versions, double check you don't have both loading.

The only other thing I can think of is you have two map components loading in your save, use the save edit guide to make sure you only have one copy of the component in your save file. Delete any extra copies of the line.

ORCACommander

Quote from: Kluge on April 15, 2016, 02:13:39 PM
Quote from: Topper on April 15, 2016, 02:00:07 PM
Why hasnt colonist bar, mod manager and prepare carefully integrated into the core game? Been asking for several alphas now. Is this an issue of the dev not cooperating or are not you willing to release your mods?
It may be a case of Tynan and Piotr not wanting to accept advanced third-party code which may cause, Idunno... memory leaks. :P -And then they'd have to go back and debug unfamiliar code because EdB isn't an employee. The obvious solution is to poach EdB from whatever company is currently stealing his time from superior projects. :D

I wish i could source it but i heard a while back that the reason EUI is not copied or directly integrated is because the devs are optimizing for a 720p windowed mode while eui makes more sense in a 1080p full screen mode where there is extra real estate for the additional UI elements

well keep on trucking Ed. I hope we can see a full update soon.

Wish List: Can we do something about all the different work benches? That menu just seems far to cluttered especially when mods become involved.

ComputerCynthia

Acruid,
Thanks for the call-back to the how-to on opening the file for the component. There was two lines. That did remove the second rendering of the bar. I'm testing now to see how long the game can go without a crash.

I just done did my first Rimworld 'hack!'

Totti

Quote from: Acruid on April 10, 2016, 03:23:51 PM
How to make this work with an existing save:

• Open save file with notepad at: "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Saves\".
  • Ctrl+F, search for the tag "<components>".
  • Add the EDB interface component to the list. The line is "<li Class="EdB.Interface.ComponentColonistBar" />".
  • Save...
  • Profit!

The components section looks like this in my save before...
<components>
<li Class="BreakdownManager" />
<li Class="RTMadSkills.MapComponent_RTSkillIncreaser" />
<li Class="RTFusebox.MapComponent_RTFusebox" />
<li Class="FluffyManager.Manager">
<JobStack>
<JobStack />
</JobStack>
</li>
</components>

And after:

<components>
<JobStack>
<JobStack />
</JobStack>
</li>
<li Class="EdB.Interface.ComponentColonistBar" />
</components>

Got a problem and I can't open my save anymore.
http://prnt.sc/awkpso
http://prntscr.com/awktuf
http://prntscr.com/awku0a
Please help, I don't want to lose this map.

qurffe

Quote from: Totti on April 25, 2016, 07:11:32 AM
Quote from: Acruid on April 10, 2016, 03:23:51 PM
How to make this work with an existing save:

• Open save file with notepad at: "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Saves\".
  • Ctrl+F, search for the tag "<components>".
  • Add the EDB interface component to the list. The line is "<li Class="EdB.Interface.ComponentColonistBar" />".
  • Save...
  • Profit!

The components section looks like this in my save before...
<components>
<JobStack>
<JobStack />
</JobStack>
</li>
</components>

And after:

<components>
<JobStack>
<JobStack />
</JobStack>
</li>
<li Class="EdB.Interface.ComponentColonistBar" />
</components>

Got a problem and I can't open my save anymore.
http://prnt.sc/awkpso
http://prntscr.com/awktuf
http://prntscr.com/awku0a
Please help, I don't want to lose this map.

Rather just put the line right below <components>, and it should hopefully work?