[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xerberus86

dude you are AWESOME! i love this changes, things like colonists at the top bar (or in any easy / quick to access -fashion) and the small additions & menues you added should really be considered a must-have. rimworld is a great game but really hasn't the best userfriendly UI in vanilly, your mod adds so much comfort and usability. having to search the map for your colonists or go through the overview screen (which should be renamed to jobs / profession screen) is so much more timeconsuming and you won't know that one of your colonists is  dying almost before he's dead.

+1000000 mate :)

Timber

Fantastic mod! I sense the SkyUI of Rimworld :)

This should really just be integrated in to the game imho.
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

Bodog999

Can someone help me? I cant get the fully GUI showing up just downloaded the mod today so I'm a total noob with it :P cant see any other buttons to click on.

EdB

Quote from: Bodog999 on September 01, 2014, 08:12:35 PM
Can someone help me? I cant get the fully GUI showing up just downloaded the mod today so I'm a total noob with it :P cant see any other buttons to click on.

Are you using it with other mods?  Maybe try it with a new game and no other mods enabled just to make sure it's working.  If that works, and you were using other mods the first time, please let me know which ones.  It could be some kind of compatibility issue.  But you shouldn't have to do anything special to get it to show up--just enable the mod on the mods screen and you should see the extra UI buttons.

Bodog999

Bodog999

Just tested a game without any mods exept yours. Still doesnt work and it doesnt show anything new up

Taishimoonshadow

for some reason I am not getting the inventory option when I launch a new save or resume the save but it does say in the console that it is replacing with the edb one. I am using a few mods they are, superior crafting, apparello, enhanced slaves, grenade disabler, knockouts, medbed, and project armory. any idea if any of these mods would create the problem for me.

edit: I also do not get the character status at the top of the screen or any options on the menu.

EdB

Quote from: Taishimoonshadow on September 01, 2014, 09:09:37 PM
superior crafting, apparello, enhanced slaves, grenade disabler, knockouts, medbed, and project armory

Sorry for the problems getting it to work, and thanks for the mod list--I will try that combination.

EdB

For people who are having problems getting the mod working at all, I apologize.  Some things to try:

• Be sure you're using the latest version--I released a couple of patches over the last couple of days
  • Try starting a new game with only the EdB Interface mod enabled--just to see if it works at all
  • If you're using other mods, you can send me a list and I can try that combination
  • Useful to know if you're running on Windows, Mac or Linux.  I do not have a Linux machine, so I've never tested it
  • You can check the game's log file for a hint to what's going on.  Often when there's an error, you'll see a ton of the same error listed in that log file again and again.  If you're seeing this, definitely disable the mod--the log file can grow quite large.  The log file is called output_log.txt and can be found in the game folder under the RimWorld532Win_Data folder.   If the error in the log file looks like an error in the mod, it's probably too much detail for this forum, but feel free to send me a message with the error.  It will help me track down the issue.

EdB

I posted a patch that doesn't fix anything, but it does handle errors better.  Hopefully, it will help in narrowing down the cause of the problems that some people have been having.  Changelog for version 2.1.2:

• Using alt-click or middle-click on the Colonist Status Bar to select all colonists no longer selects broken or rampaging colonists.
  • Better error handling when trying to replace the gameplay interface when the game starts.  An error will be displayed in the on-screen log and the mod will stop trying to replace the UI every frame--which resulted in an ever-growing output log.

zyklame

When you create a new Landing site and try to rename the Colonists the interface bugs up. It is not posible to delete the names fully and it jumps between the pre-, nick- and surname.

daft73

Quote from: zyklame on September 02, 2014, 10:14:29 AM
When you create a new Landing site and try to rename the Colonists the interface bugs up. It is not posible to delete the names fully and it jumps between the pre-, nick- and surname.
This I noticed as well, but just one time it has happened. I was still able to change the 'Nickname', but it was a little gimped and you had to change the 'last name' to change the 'Nickname'..hopefully that makes sense. All in all, a minor thing to fix.

EdB

Where does this happen?  I don't normally rename colonists, so I just want to be sure.  Do you mean before you start the game when you're first choosing your colonists, the rename UI bugs out?  Or do you mean once you're in the game, and you click the little "rename" icon in the character tab?  You can only change a nickname once you're in the game, right?

The mod only enters the picture once the actual gameplay starts, so I'm pretty sure that anything that's happening on that initial colonist selection screen would be an issue with the vanilla game.  But I might not understanding the bug description correctly.

daft73

To be honest I'll have to check 'When' it actually happens. It only happened once this weekend Aug 30/31, and it was a crazy weekend :o, Family matters. I'll try to recreate it today and get back.  ;)

zyklame

It happens befor starting the game where you initialy select your colonists. And you are right, it happens in vanilla too. So its a bug in the main game.