[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

Quote from: Shinzy on September 04, 2014, 11:52:14 AM
would it be possible to have them scale down when you get more colonists
or manually set the size to smaller?

That's a great image!  The way I personally play, I rarely end up with enough colonists for it to be a problem, but I expected that this would be an issue for people depending on their play-style.

I can look at scaling the portraits (scaling the text is more of an issue--I will have to see how to do that in Unity Engine and how the text looks when it's scaled down).  I thought through a lot of options around selecting which colonists you want to show, grouping colonists, filtering colonists etc.  There are definitely possibilities there--I just want to be careful about making it too complicated.

EdB

Quote from: Abrexus on September 04, 2014, 07:20:31 AM
I think what he's referring to is allowing you to change via the UI the priorities stored in the BaseWorkGivers.xml file.  That has priorities set for each workbench, and a <priorityInType>100</priorityInType> variable.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  After looking at the way those values are stored in the code, it might not be very difficult to do this--I didn't realize that the "priorityInType" value existed, and this should make it much easier than I expected.

Reaper

I used the mod before the bar and i have to say i hate the new bar. it takes up so much room.

Is there anyway to get rid of it?

Shinzy

Quote from: Reaper on September 11, 2014, 02:18:19 AM
I used the mod before the bar and i have to say i hate the new bar. it takes up so much room.

Yar! there's a very own customization options for the interface in the
options menu screen

You can hide any part of the interface from there

note: The button does not *actually* glow like that

Xerberus86

which "bar"? do you mean the colonists lineup at the top? thats one of the best features x'D.

Shinzy

Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 11, 2014, 06:39:53 AM

which "bar"? do you mean the colonists lineup at the top? thats one of the best features x'D.

It sure is! but at the same time it's still a feature that takes half the space from your screen =P

Reaper

Quote from: Shinzy on September 11, 2014, 06:07:19 AM

options menu screen

thanks man having 30 people and the bar ain't fun.

Rannzou

Sadly this mod slow my game down :( my pc isn't soo performance i have a graphics intell express chipset and intel dual core as gpu.:(

Cr0ss0vr

... im trying to think of something to post as a suggestion... but at the moment, its just a bump post, i dont want to see this mod fall into the abyss... its really handy...

EdB

Quote from: Rannzou on September 12, 2014, 03:58:57 AM
Sadly this mod slow my game down :( my pc isn't soo performance i have a graphics intell express chipset and intel dual core as gpu.:(

I'm sorry that you continue to have performance issues with the mod.  I suggest that you try disabling the colonist bar as described above to see if that helps.  That's the only feature that's rendering a lot of extra elements to the screen every frame.  I can't think of anything unusual that I'm doing that would be responsible for an overall slowdown, but there's always room for performance optimization--I will try to find places where it can be improved.

Bodog999

options menu screen

I wish that that even showed up for me even without any other mods it just doesnt work for me.

EdB

Quote from: Bodog999 on September 15, 2014, 07:13:37 PM
I wish that that even showed up for me even without any other mods it just doesnt work for me.

The mod still doesn't work at all for you?  After your first post, I did release a new version (2.1.2) that should have better error handling and logging.  It might give more of an idea of what's going wrong if you have not already tried it.

Romi

Hey Edb awesome mod maker in the mod i have an issue my colonists don't get morale treeshold if for an example: if he is iron willed he don't get morale treeshold even is psihical sensivity the colonists are still the same please fix this because is an awesome mod and i want to play it.Oh and i would have money i would like to donate you some but sadly i don't have :/ P.S Sorry for bad language i'm romanian.

Nimr_Tiger

I seem to have a slight bug when an existing colonist goes on a mental break, is arrested and eventually recruited back, it seems they don't appear back in the colonist bar. Is this intended?

EdB

Quote from: Nimr_Tiger on September 23, 2014, 11:35:21 AM
I seem to have a slight bug when an existing colonist goes on a mental break, is arrested and eventually recruited back, it seems they don't appear back in the colonist bar. Is this intended?

Not as intended.  That's a bug--I will take a look.  I expect that if you save and reload the game that they will show up the bar as expected.