[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spare74

Yes, Tynan shoudl really consider integrating your mod or something similar in the vanilla game :)

EdB

Alpha 7 update has been released.  This is a compatibility release for the new version of the game, without really any other additions.  I did, however, add an option to change the way that material selection works when choosing the buildings that you're going to build; I had to do it--the default behavior was going to make me crazy.

Changelog:

• Added support for Alpha 7.
  • Added new "Right-click to select building materials" option to the interface options.  This overrides the default left-click behavior when choosing buildings and furniture.  Not enabled by default.
You may notice that the inventory dialog does not break down all of your buildings and apparel by material (i.e. gold walls, squirrelskin t-shirts, etc).  I'm going to need to do a bit of a code rewrite to get that working, and I didn't want that to hold up the release.

Now I need to actually go and play a full alpha 7 game--I'm looking forward to it!

EdB

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on October 03, 2014, 10:17:47 AM
I know Tynan already fixed it for A8, but if you could look at the issue of having to choose the wall material every time, people would praise you!

I added an option to change the default behavior.  I went with an alternate behavior that uses a right-click instead of a left-click.  It sounds like the fix in alpha 8 takes a different approach, but the right-click was relatively easy to implement and makes sense as a sort of "power-user"-type alternative that I can potentially keep around even after alpha 8 arrives.  It's disabled by default--you need to go into the interface options and enable it.

shadowstreaker

Thank you for updating and adding the whole right click part, makes life much easier

shadowstreaker

Is it just me or is the Categorized mode for inventory not working? or was that what you meant by the inventory dialogue not breaking down all your buildings and apparel by resource?

EdB

Quote from: shadowstreaker on October 04, 2014, 12:42:39 PM
Is it just me or is the Categorized mode for inventory not working? or was that what you meant by the inventory dialogue not breaking down all your buildings and apparel by resource?

You're right.  Looks like I broke the categorized resource readout.  Sorry about that.  I will take a look.

daft73

Quote from: EdB on October 04, 2014, 12:12:45 PM
....Alpha 7 update has been released....
;D

This is amazing news. Thankyou for the fast update

EdB

Quote from: shadowstreaker on October 04, 2014, 12:42:39 PM

Just released a fix, version 2.2.2.  As always, thanks for the patience with the early releases--they always seem to be a bit buggy.

shadowstreaker

daft73

Quote from: EdB on October 04, 2014, 01:21:49 PM....
Just released a fix, version 2.2.2.  As always, thanks for the patience with the early releases--they always seem to be a bit buggy.
You are excellent EdB ;)  Now go and enjoy your Saturday. I had enough time to go eat some breakfast, I come back the hot-fix is up. Goodshow.

Rex705

Had some issues with this one. I was doing the prepare carefully menu and when I got to the supplies part the buttons disappeared and the item panel on the right side was blank and didn't show anything even if I hit add item. I turned the mod off and everything worked so ya.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

thrakkemarn

This is the best thing ever!

@Rex705 - I have noticed that whenever I swap/add mods I cannot load a preset with prepare carefully - try making a new preset.