[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timber

I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

Igabod

This mod is still awesome and it includes added awesomeness with the right click to select material addition. I was already getting frustrated with that part of A7 on the first game. One request, could you add a hotkey for chopping down trees? That's one of my most common activities and it gets annoying moving the mouse back and forth several times just to chop down a few trees here and there. It's actually probably faster to open the menu and select the mass tree chopping option.

Montanio

Quote from: Encode on October 05, 2014, 11:43:56 AM
I installed this mod the moment I saw it is out. :) Thanks! Life (in RW) is really hard without it. Haha.

Q: Would it be possible to add [previous] & [next] (arrows) for enemies as you did with the colonists when we view their information?

I think that wouldn't be very useful when there are a swarm of enemies, and because previous and next might not very useful other than letting you know there are enemies. I personally find wanting a minimap at times to quicker get around the map, is that possible? I do want a proper fog of war implemented but that's for the base game and a future release.

This mod has allowed me to finally enjoy A7 and not go bat crazy when building things due to the menu system. Thanks for the great work!

zyklame

What would i do without these mod. It makes handling much easyer. Thanks for the good work and fast update.

I have one question. Is it possible to add the create stockpile and remove zone to the menu when a stockpile is selected. That would make it much easier to extend stockpiles, instead of selecting them first and after that go to the build zone menue. The same goes for the growing areas.

(Edit: spelling)

Clibanarius

I concur. The game is SIGNIFICANTLY improved upon with this mod around! Also, you misspelled a pair of words, just for future reference. I notice these things, so please don't misinterpret my intentions as anything but attempting to help another person out with their English.
Easier
Menu

skullywag

Quote from: zyklame on October 06, 2014, 02:24:56 PM
What would i do without these mod. It makes handling much easyer. Thanks for the good work and fast update.

I have one question. Is it possible to add the create stockpile and remove zone to the menue when a stockpile is selected. That would make it much easyer to extend stockpiles, instead of selecting them first and after that go to the build zone menue. The same goes for the growing areas.

I would DIE for an extend stockpile button....
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

sylphaenos

Hey,
First off this is an AWESOME mod, definitely the best one I have come across so far! Quality of life improvements everywhere.
Unfortunately I'm having issues viewing the "Health" tab on any pawn. When I click it, every menu option disappears except "Character" and "Gear" and it pulls up a blank tab; the only way to access it is through the Info menu. Would be really grateful if you could look into this :)

**EDIT** Please disregard, I redownloaded the mod and it seems to be working now! Thanks :)

EdB

I did a small bugfix release, v2.2.3.

Release notes:

• Your first stockpile now always uses the default stockpile settings, even if you've chosen the preference to disable all resources in new stockpiles.  I found that this was how I always wanted it to behave and that it could be a little annoying if you forget that you've set this preference and your first stockpile ends up with everything disabled.
  • BUGFIX: Fixed the sub-tab texture from the Health Tab so that it always loads properly after enabling/disabling the mod from the mod menu.
  • BUGFIX: The building placement UI is now sized correctly when you choose to hide the Colonist Button.
Just a quick update on progress on the mod: I appreciate all of the feedback and the feature requests.  I do keep a list of all requests and will evaluate each one as I figure out what to work on next.  I'll probably be taking a couple of weeks off from active development but will get back to it before too long.

k1ll3rM

I'm having some issues with lag and disabling all the mods options doesn't make any difference. Uninstalling the mod doesn't work because the save file bugs out and you get that weird color bug and you can't do anything. I hope you can update the mod so I can either uninstall it without having to start another colony or make the mod less laggy.

shadowstreaker

Do any of the changes your planning on making include scaling of the colonist bar at the top? I like having it there but when you get to 13/14 colonists then it just goes far off to one side

EdB

Quote from: k1ll3rM on October 08, 2014, 11:15:48 AM
I'm having some issues with lag and disabling all the mods options doesn't make any difference. Uninstalling the mod doesn't work because the save file bugs out and you get that weird color bug and you can't do anything. I hope you can update the mod so I can either uninstall it without having to start another colony or make the mod less laggy.

So sorry about this.  It's always my intention to not include mod-specific information in the saves so that you can save and load your games without worrying about whether the mod is enabled or disabled.  I accidentally included some test code which is causing this issue for you.  I will try to release a fix.

As far as the lag, I wish I had a better idea of what causes lag for some people while others don't seem to have a problem.  You can try disabling certain features of the mod that are more likely to cause lag, like the colonist bar at the top of the screen.

Kulverstukass

I wasn't completely sure about posting here, but the problem interacts with your interface mod, so here 2 things.

First is from neighbor thread -  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6636.msg65391#msg65391
In two words - Top list of colonist and the way how "Personal shield" mod incorporate it's functions into colonist leads to "Missing" status of colonist and, at least once for me, to crash after loading savegame which was made with "Missing" status of upgraded colonist.

And second one - option to change place of colonist icon in this Status bar,some way of sorting them, just "move it right/left" would be great, as there "remove" function for a dead/missing colonists.
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

k1ll3rM

Quote from: EdB on October 08, 2014, 12:55:03 PM
Quote from: k1ll3rM on October 08, 2014, 11:15:48 AM

So sorry about this.  It's always my intention to not include mod-specific information in the saves so that you can save and load your games without worrying about whether the mod is enabled or disabled.  I accidentally included some test code which is causing this issue for you.  I will try to release a fix.

As far as the lag, I wish I had a better idea of what causes lag for some people while others don't seem to have a problem.  You can try disabling certain features of the mod that are more likely to cause lag, like the colonist bar at the top of the screen.
Well the thing is that disabling the interface options doesn't remove the lag but with the previous version atleast if you disabled the whole mod it removed all the lag so I would use it in the beginning but remove it later. The lag doesn't seem to be coming from colonists so maybe its buildings/items that make the lag maybe even the inventory system because it counts all colonists gear. Side note: if you use the Enhanced defense mod and use the personal shields on your colonists, they won't show up in the colonist bar at the top anymore

EdB

Quote from: k1ll3rM on October 08, 2014, 03:40:51 PM
Well the thing is that disabling the interface options doesn't remove the lag but with the previous version atleast if you disabled the whole mod it removed all the lag so I would use it in the beginning but remove it later. The lag doesn't seem to be coming from colonists so maybe its buildings/items that make the lag maybe even the inventory system because it counts all colonists gear. Side note: if you use the Enhanced defense mod and use the personal shields on your colonists, they won't show up in the colonist bar at the top anymore

I expect I'll have a new release that fixes the savegame issue probably in the next day or so.  In the meantime, if you're comfortable doing it, you can fix your save file manually by opening it in a text editor, looking for this bit:

<components>
<li Class="EdB.InterfaceMapComponent">
<prefs>GAMEPREFS</prefs>
</li>
</components>

and taking out the middle part so that it looks like this:

<components>
</components>

and then saving it.  Probably only try this if you're comfortable opening up and editing an XML file, and definitely make a back-up of the save file before you try doing this, just in case.

Again, I really apologize for messing up your savefile.  It's the exact opposite of what I was trying to do.

Kulverstukass

Just a tiny bit of word about that situation with Personal shield mod by Jaxxa and colonists disappearing in Status bar. / https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6636.msg65391#msg65391 /
They appear at the end of Status bar, but only after save & complete game restart, just quit into Main Menu isn't enough.
Also, there output_log of "What happens if you try load save with Missing Shielded colonist from main menu, w/o restarting RW" if you interested.
http://pastebin.com/DMURWk7m

Hope you understand my awful english.
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?