[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

k1ll3rM

Quote from: EdB on October 08, 2014, 03:54:00 PM
Quote from: k1ll3rM on October 08, 2014, 03:40:51 PM
Well the thing is that disabling the interface options doesn't remove the lag but with the previous version atleast if you disabled the whole mod it removed all the lag so I would use it in the beginning but remove it later. The lag doesn't seem to be coming from colonists so maybe its buildings/items that make the lag maybe even the inventory system because it counts all colonists gear. Side note: if you use the Enhanced defense mod and use the personal shields on your colonists, they won't show up in the colonist bar at the top anymore

I expect I'll have a new release that fixes the savegame issue probably in the next day or so.  In the meantime, if you're comfortable doing it, you can fix your save file manually by opening it in a text editor, looking for this bit:

<components>
<li Class="EdB.InterfaceMapComponent">
<prefs>GAMEPREFS</prefs>
</li>
</components>

and taking out the middle part so that it looks like this:

<components>
</components>

and then saving it.  Probably only try this if you're comfortable opening up and editing an XML file, and definitely make a back-up of the save file before you try doing this, just in case.

Again, I really apologize for messing up your savefile.  It's the exact opposite of what I was trying to do.
Thank you alot didn't think it would be that easy XD but I've editted my saves before so I know a little bit what I'm doing.

AHare

If it's possible, can you make an option for smaller (half-sized, say) icons/buttons in the architect menu? So many mods that add a bunch of new stuff to build ends up cluttering the menu and you can't see where you want to place it.

skullywag

Im wondering if adding a "scale" option for the colonist icons would be a good idea. I rarely get enough to need the real estate but I feel some people do, so having slightly smaller portraits may help.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Rex705

The colonist icons are a bit buggy. When they get low health or die the icon turns grey but when you load a save game they are still grey. If you quit out of game and come back the colors are restored. Maybe remove they grey effect? The health bar is enough to see how bad they are hurt.

EdB

Quote from: Rex705 on October 08, 2014, 08:22:21 PM
The colonist icons are a bit buggy. When they get low health or die the icon turns grey but when you load a save game they are still grey. If you quit out of game and come back the colors are restored. Maybe remove they grey effect? The health bar is enough to see how bad they are hurt.

The icon is only supposed to go gray if the colonist has died or has disappeared from the map (i.e. kidnapped).  Are you saying that you're seeing the colonist color go gray before the colonist is dead?  If so, that's a bug.

Girlinhat

Found this bug:

It occurs when using the Apothicarius mod, which modifies a number of health things.  I also noticed that the interface mod doesn't allow you to see debug information about wounds and illnesses.

Rex705

Quote from: EdB on October 08, 2014, 09:21:51 PM
Quote from: Rex705 on October 08, 2014, 08:22:21 PM

The icon is only supposed to go gray if the colonist has died or has disappeared from the map (i.e. kidnapped).  Are you saying that you're seeing the colonist color go gray before the colonist is dead?  If so, that's a bug.
Yes they are grey before death and loading a save they are still grey. Also not just the icon but the colonist is even grey in front view but normal colors from side views.

EdB

Quote from: Rex705 on October 08, 2014, 11:25:32 PM
Yes they are grey before death and loading a save they are still grey. Also not just the icon but the colonist is even grey in front view but normal colors from side views.

The colonist bar should not be affecting how the colonists are rendered on the map--but I see now that it is.  That is a bug.  I will look into it.  Thanks for pointing this out.  Even though it's been like this for awhile, I honestly never noticed it before.

EdB

Quote from: Girlinhat on October 08, 2014, 09:40:59 PM
It occurs when using the Apothicarius mod, which modifies a number of health things.  I also noticed that the interface mod doesn't allow you to see debug information about wounds and illnesses.

Can you maybe give me a little bit more information about what you were doing when you got this error?  I have the Apothecarius and Surgery Extended mods enabled like you described in the other thread, but I can't get the error to happen when looking at the health tab for my colonists.  Were you look at the health tab for a colonist or for a prisoner?  Do you have any other mods installed?  Does this happen to you consistently?  If so, is there a series of steps that you can describe that I could follow to try to make it happen?

Girlinhat

Alright, my EXACT steps to get this error.
Install Extended Surgery and Interface (as well as others like enhanced defense, but they don't touch health).
Play the game for a bit, build the Extended Surgery workbench but don't use any of the new items (no glass eyeballs or eyepatches on the map or on any colonists/prisoners).
Add Apothecarius - it doesn't work with the load order, so I disable Apo, close the mod screen, open the mod screen again, and enable Apo, so that it's the last mod loaded.
Open any health screen, get this error.

I can try with a new world, as well.

Clibanarius

I have personally found this game to be ridiculously sensitive once you start throwing a ton of mods in. Since I won't compromise, I have a perfectly-sorted load order that I completely rebuild by hand each time a mod is added, which includes unloading all mods and loading them all up again. If ever I visit the mod screen and simply close it, I find the game starts spitting out errors on the main screen that it wasn't before, and other things. So my advise to you is to never ever simply add a mod, especially one as complex as Apothecarius, and to never change mods while playing a game, but to start a new world and new colony each time you change them. This way, I have found, I don't have issues with missing textures or with errors anywhere, and I have a pretty bloated list, using EdB's mods, Apothecarius, Extended Surgeries, ED, T-Mod minus enhanced cloth industry, Apparello, More Hair, Misc + MAI, Workplaces, Thingamajigs, and most of Skully's More * mods.

Omenpapa

Feature request:

When I select 1 or multiple ppls at the status bars at the top side of the screen and then pressing ctrl+f1 f2 etc, then it should save the targeted members, and later I wanna recall that selection via pressing simply f1 f2 etc. This would be highly usefull for combat, to quickly gather only the combatants when raiders coming for example. Also it would make moving ppl behind cover easier. (instead of manually targeting a unit via mouse, we could just press f1 for example)

There is this "right click to select build materials" option..Why isnt this the default? it makes sense, and it's just a lot better then the vanilla imo. (It's notthe end of the world to just set it up, I was just wondering the reason behind it :))

I feel like this mod is so essential in it's current version too, it should be integrated to the base game.(ofc if it's not against ur will EdB)

EdB

Quote from: Girlinhat on October 08, 2014, 09:40:59 PM
...It occurs when using the Apothicarius mod, which modifies a number of health things.  I also noticed that the interface mod doesn't allow you to see debug information about wounds and illnesses.

After looking a little more closely at the error messages that you posted, I think I figured out what was causing this issue.  I'm guessing that you're using version 2.2.2?  I was able to reproduce the problem in that version of the mod, but a fix I made in 2.2.3 should solve the problem.  It was caused by textures getting unloaded when you disable mods, similar to when you see those red X's for some mods--but with a more serious result. 

EdB

Quote from: Kulverstukass on October 08, 2014, 04:51:21 PM
Just a tiny bit of word about that situation with Personal shield mod by Jaxxa and colonists disappearing in Status bar...

I've figured out what's causing this issue, and I will include a fix in the next version so that your nanoshield colonists won't show up as "missing."

EdB

I've released a new version, v2.2.4.  This is a bug fix release with the following changes:

• BUGFIX: When using the Enhanced Defense Personal Shields mod, when a colonist is upgraded to NanoShields, they no longer appear as missing in the colonist bar.
  • BUGFIX: Removed game-specific save information accidentally included in the last few builds.  To fix your saves: using this new version, load your game with the mod enabled and then re-save it.  You should now be able to open your save with the mod disabled.
  • BUGFIX: The grayed-out effect applied to dead colonists in the colonist bar no longer affects the color of colonists on the map. (Thanks Rex705 for reporting this.  It took me awhile to figure out what you were talking about, because I really had never noticed it!) 
A little more about the save-game fix: as I was looking into implementing new features, I was trying to find a good way to save game-specific preferences without forcing people who didn't use those features to always have the mod enabled.  I did not find a good way to do this.  Unfortunately, I didn't entirely remove one of my experiments from the code, and because of this, any save created during a game with the mod enabled required that the mod be enabled to load that save.  This was not my intent.

This update should fix that issue.  If you save a game with this version of the mod enabled, you should then be able to load that game even if the mod has been disabled.  You may notice a warning in the console when loading your existing games, "Failed to load all map components..."  This is expected and is just me cleaning up the earlier mistake.

Apologies for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused.