[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarthPrincey

Thanks for a great mod, but I do seem to have found a small bug with the Mood UI, one of my colonists has a 30% mental break point due to 'Too Smart' trait, however with this mod enabled the Mental break threshold line is drawn at 10% even though the tool-tip correctly states the threshold at 30%.

In vanilla without mod the line is drawn at the correct 30% point, with the mod enabled it makes it hard at a glance to babysit this particularly high maintenance colonist.

Other than that I am enjoying the improved UI, maybe it is just time I just rid myself of this troublesome colonist... ;)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Kulverstukass

Quote from: EdB on October 11, 2014, 12:23:22 AM
I've released a new version, v2.2.4.  This is a bug fix release with the following changes:

• BUGFIX: When using the Enhanced Defense Personal Shields mod, when a colonist is upgraded to NanoShields, they no longer appear as missing in the colonist bar.
Aw yiss, thanks!
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

EdB

Quote from: DarthPrincey on October 11, 2014, 11:18:06 AM
...one of my colonists has a 30% mental break point due to 'Too Smart' trait, however with this mod enabled the Mental break threshold line is drawn at 10% even though the tool-tip correctly states the threshold at 30%...

Thanks for the bug report.  I will take a look.

EdB

Quote from: DarthPrincey on October 11, 2014, 11:18:06 AM
...one of my colonists has a 30% mental break point due to 'Too Smart' trait, however with this mod enabled the Mental break threshold line is drawn at 10% even though the tool-tip correctly states the threshold at 30%.

I did a quick bugfix release that takes care of this problem, v2.2.5.

Eiktyrner

I don't know if this fits in your mod but I've lately found myself needing to copy settings between storage objects/zones. Would be handy with a "copy settings" button in the UI somehow.

One example is stocking gun racks. I only want to keep a couple different types of weapons but having to go through and disable the same on each gun rack is annoying. Same with zones, being able to duplicate a zone easily would be awesome.

Igabod

Quote from: Eiktyrner on October 12, 2014, 04:29:01 AM
I don't know if this fits in your mod but I've lately found myself needing to copy settings between storage objects/zones. Would be handy with a "copy settings" button in the UI somehow.

One example is stocking gun racks. I only want to keep a couple different types of weapons but having to go through and disable the same on each gun rack is annoying. Same with zones, being able to duplicate a zone easily would be awesome.

I agree. I have found myself wanting to clone a stockpile so many times. Usually it's because I've changed my mind as to where I want to put my food or my building resources. It's not really that annoying anymore now that I started using the option to have all stockpiles except the first one start with everything unselected. But it would still be quite nice to have a clone stockpile button.

Eiktyrner

Another thing that would be handy is to rearrange the order of people in the overview where you assign jobs.
This would allow for "grouping" people doing similar jobs. So I can have all my growing/food people next to each other and not have to hunt in a huge unorganized list of people.

skullywag

Quote from: Eiktyrner on October 12, 2014, 06:26:55 AM
Another thing that would be handy is to rearrange the order of people in the overview where you assign jobs.
This would allow for "grouping" people doing similar jobs. So I can have all my growing/food people next to each other and not have to hunt in a huge unorganized list of people.
+1
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

DracoGriffin

Quote from: Eiktyrner on October 12, 2014, 06:26:55 AM

Yes, I would further this suggestion by mentioning Dwarf Fortress Therapist (more of an add-on than mod, though) as it could be a great source of inspiration for improving interface. Well, DFhack is another add-on for inspiration; so many great utilities that could be used in RimWorld...
Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

Kvarfax

Made, if not to the end, the translation and your fashion. I absolutely did not want to translate the interface settings. But I am aware of them and found out only when I took over the translation)) thank You Very much for your wonderful fashion! p.s. If you do the translation interface configuration, I will let you know)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxyoi6ho4m2rw18/EdBInterface.rar?dl=0

sidfu

EdB

Quote from: sidfu on October 15, 2014, 04:28:01 AM
im getting errors when i load this with tech tree minami.

Be sure to follow the loading order instructions described in the Tech Tree Minami mod:

Works well with EdB Interface Mods. You just have to load EdB related mods LAST.

Heres what you should do:
1. UNLOAD all your mods. *except "core" of course
2. Load ALL TTM related mods. *make sure to load TTM MAIN first!! very important!!
3. then load Edb Interface and Prepare Carefully last.

senospt

any way to change the size of the icon?
got a resolution of 1440*900 on a colony of 42 (i think) this is how it looks like

EdB

Quote from: senospt on October 15, 2014, 09:14:51 PM
got a resolution of 1440*900 on a colony of 42 (i think) this is how it looks like

Currently no way to resize the icons, so it doesn't work great with large colonies.  You can turn off the colonist bar entirely by going into "Menu -> Interface Options" and unchecking "Show the Colonist Status Bar."

senospt

Quote from: EdB on October 15, 2014, 09:57:46 PM
Quote from: senospt on October 15, 2014, 09:14:51 PM

Currently no way to resize the icons, so it doesn't work great with large colonies.  You can turn off the colonist bar entirely by going into "Menu -> Interface Options" and unchecking "Show the Colonist Status Bar."

Cool feature, in the future, could be draffet just a certain types of colonist, for example: colonist that have m24
make it like "folders"