[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igabod

wow... I have never seen a colony with that many people. My largest colony was around 18 or 20 people and that's when I was kidnapping and recruiting everybody regardless of their stats. They kept getting killed off because I was still new to the game at the time and sucked at defense. Now I start feeling like my colony is just big enough at 10 to 12 colonists. I don't really need more than that otherwise I'll just have a bunch of idle colonists all the time sitting around eating food and not contributing to the success of the colony. I can't imagine trying to manage 42 colonists for any extended period of playing.

senospt

Quote from: Igabod on October 15, 2014, 10:31:56 PM
wow... I have never seen a colony with that many people. My largest colony was around 18 or 20 people and that's when I was kidnapping and recruiting everybody regardless of their stats. They kept getting killed off because I was still new to the game at the time and sucked at defense. Now I start feeling like my colony is just big enough at 10 to 12 colonists. I don't really need more than that otherwise I'll just have a bunch of idle colonists all the time sitting around eating food and not contributing to the success of the colony. I can't imagine trying to manage 42 colonists for any extended period of playing.

I could have end the game already... but i wanna see what does it take for AI to send me all their troops lol i'm in 650 days ingame

Aporatael

Feature Request: In the priorities menu, show what the colonist is currently working on. Like when you click on the colonist it says things like, "cleaning X; hauling X to Y; feeding X meal to person." Being able to see a list of that from the priorities menu would be very useful.

Igabod

Quote from: Aporatael on October 16, 2014, 10:20:47 AM
Feature Request: In the priorities menu, show what the colonist is currently working on. Like when you click on the colonist it says things like, "cleaning X; hauling X to Y; feeding X meal to person." Being able to see a list of that from the priorities menu would be very useful.

It would be somewhat useful for smaller colonies, but I can imagine it would get hard to read with 42 colonists like the guy above has. I'd rather have it as a separate tab so it doesn't make it any more of a challenge to set priorities. Then again you can just use the < and > keys to toggle through your colonists while in the priorities screen and see on the bottom left window what they are doing.

Aporatael

Quote from: Igabod on October 16, 2014, 10:44:18 AM
Quote from: Aporatael on October 16, 2014, 10:20:47 AM

It would be somewhat useful for smaller colonies, but I can imagine it would get hard to read with 42 colonists like the guy above has. I'd rather have it as a separate tab so it doesn't make it any more of a challenge to set priorities. Then again you can just use the < and > keys to toggle through your colonists while in the priorities screen and see on the bottom left window what they are doing.

Like with most things on this mod it would be something that can be turned off in the settings if you don't want to use it.

skullywag

Its not a fix for the above but I turn off border scroll to help with stuff like that, I use wasd to move camera.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

EdB

I released a new version today that includes a couple of new features and a couple of bug fixes.  Probably the most requested new feature that I hear is to add an option to make the icons in the colonist bar smaller.  This release includes a preference to do this.  You need to go into the Interface Options dialog (Menu -> Interface Options) to change it.  This should help a bit for people who like the feature but have larger colonies or smaller resolution monitors.  I wasn't able to make the text smaller, so the icons aren't as small as everyone would like them to be, but they are definitely smaller.

Full release notes:

• Added a preference to display smaller icons in the Colonist Status Bar. Change the setting in the Interface Options dialog.
  • The Chop Wood action now has a keyboard shortcut (P) when you select a tree or cactus on the map (as requested by Igabod)
  • The next and previous buttons used for browsing through colonists have been expanded to allow you to browse through the following four distinct groups: colonists (as it is now), prisoners (when a prisoner is selected), enemies (when an enemy is selected), and visitors (when a visitor is selected).
  • Added a mostly-complete Russian translation (thanks to Kvarfax for getting this started).
  • BUGFIX: The tabs in the overview panel are no longer hard-coded.  Tab classes that are added via a mod assembly will now automatically be picked up like they are in vanilla.

Oragepoilu

I found this mod quite usefull :)
The only thing bugging me is when i use the scroll function of my mouse, to scroll trought the menus, it also scroll the "map" (the range from where you look at the colonist in the global playground) while it also scroll in the menus.
Not that much an noying tought !

EdB

Quote from: Oragepoilu on October 18, 2014, 05:56:00 PM
The only thing bugging me is when i use the scroll function of my mouse, to scroll trought the menus, it also scroll the "map" (the range from where you look at the colonist in the global playground) while it also scroll in the menus.

I was just playing a game and noticed this too.  Definitely a bug--I'm not sure when that started happening.  I'll try to fix it--it's pretty annoying.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: EdB on October 18, 2014, 07:12:36 PM
Quote from: Oragepoilu on October 18, 2014, 05:56:00 PM

I was just playing a game and noticed this too.  Definitely a bug--I'm not sure when that started happening.  I'll try to fix it--it's pretty annoying.

To my recollection, that's a bug/feature of vanilla RimWorld, as well as the 'T' for Hunt being the same shortcut for "Zoom Out".
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Igabod

Quote from: EdB on October 18, 2014, 05:21:05 PM
  • The Chop Wood action now has a keyboard shortcut (P) when you select a tree or cactus on the map (as requested by Igabod)

Yay! Thank you!

neronix17

I'm having an issue enabling the mod, it has previously worked but now for some reason does not, I have tried with no other mods installed and it still doesn't show up. It does come up with a message in the console "EdB Interface Mod not enabled. Gameplay interface will not be replaced." after saying that it is enabled. I've double checked the install and it appears to be in the right folder, already re-downloaded multiple times to see if it was a corrupted download, nothing helped so far.

Edit: Nevermind, I had the file renamed to easily keep track of my load order (the mods in-game seem to sort the same way the would by default in windows) I always load this mod then your other preparation mod last so I'll just remember that from now on. I've no problem with any other mod so I assume that the mod itself checks the installed folder name for a reason? I'll leave the post anyway for others in-case they run into the same problem.

EdB

Quote from: neronix17 on October 20, 2014, 04:05:13 PM
I'm having an issue enabling the mod, it has previously worked but now for some reason does not, I have tried with no other mods installed and it still doesn't show up. It does come up with a message in the console "EdB Interface Mod not enabled. Gameplay interface will not be replaced." after saying that it is enabled. I've double checked the install and it appears to be in the right folder, already re-downloaded multiple times to see if it was a corrupted download, nothing helped so far.

Edit: Nevermind, I had the file renamed to easily keep track of my load order (the mods in-game seem to sort the same way the would by default in windows) I always load this mod then your other preparation mod last so I'll just remember that from now on. I've no problem with any other mod so I assume that the mod itself checks the installed folder name for a reason? I'll leave the post anyway for others in-case they run into the same problem.

Thanks for posting this.  I was suspecting that renaming the mod folder might be causing this problem for folks who reported similar issues, but I wasn't sure.  I added that new error message about the mod being disabled to try to narrow it down.  There's a bit code in the game that I use to see if the mod is enabled or not.  This code relies on that mod folder name not changing.  Unfortunately, I can't really work around that.  I will change that error message to give a better explanation.

neronix17

Quote from: EdB on October 20, 2014, 10:00:52 PM
Quote from: neronix17 on October 20, 2014, 04:05:13 PM
-snip-

Thanks for posting this.  I was suspecting that renaming the mod folder might be causing this problem for folks who reported similar issues, but I wasn't sure.  I added that new error message about the mod being disabled to try to narrow it down.  There's a bit code in the game that I use to see if the mod is enabled or not.  This code relies on that mod folder name not changing.  Unfortunately, I can't really work around that.  I will change that error message to give a better explanation.

Maybe put a note that the folder name has to be left as is in the install instructions? I usually would have left it anyway but it's simply because the game has no way of really tracking load order at the moment and it appears to be important for a couple of mods and sometimes to help with compatibility. Hopefully either the vanilla game is changed to accommodate a better way of implementing load order soon, either that or someone develops a good external manager.

Evul

Quote from: Shinzy on September 04, 2014, 11:52:14 AM
Speaking of the colonist icons on the top! (I love the feature!)
would it be possible to have them scale down when you get more colonists
or manually set the size to smaller?

it's threatening to chomp half my screen =P

Now I know you can hide it in the interface options (If there was a way to scale them down I missed it - poor eyesight!)
but.. seeing my guys wearing *my* clothes on the screen at all times
it.. just feeds my vanity so much =P
And yes! I did name one of them as EdBard to butter you up! ;D

Hahahahaha xD I compleetly missed this xD