[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefinn

Quote from: ProBro on December 12, 2014, 05:53:30 PM
Also +1 for Tynan just making this the default interface!

I really wish he would, but I made a thread the day A8 came out just going "I wouldn't mind if you made the next update all about fixing lots of little things"... you know the little things that annoy the crap out of you in the game - like the interface, or the lack of "select/unselect all" buttons in the crafting interface etc etc.

And his answer basically equated to "What problems?"

I was like  :-[

EdB

Quote from: Encode on December 12, 2014, 03:05:57 AM
Q: Just checking, can this UI mod be added to an ongoing game? If so, I'd go start one in the Tundra and wait for release of this mod for A8.

Yes, the mod can be enabled and disabled without affecting your saved games, so give that tundra a try!

EdB

A quick update: unfortunately, it was sort of bad timing with the alpha 8 release for me.  I didn't have time to look at it at all until tonight.  I took a first pass on upgrading the mod just to figure out how much effort it's going to take.  It's actually a little worse than I expected, but I still plan on getting a new release out sometime this weekend.  Along with alpha 8 compatibility, the new release will also include a couple of small new features that I've been sitting on for a couple of weeks.

I appreciate the patience.  I also have trouble playing the game without the mod, so believe me when I say that I have plenty of motivation to finish updating it!

superiorx

Quote from: EdB on December 13, 2014, 02:30:49 AM
A quick update: unfortunately, it was sort of bad timing with the alpha 8 release for me.  I didn't have time to look at it at all until tonight.  I took a first pass on upgrading the mod just to figure out how much effort it's going to take.  It's actually a little worse than I expected, but I still plan on getting a new release out sometime this weekend.  Along with alpha 8 compatibility, the new release will also include a couple of small new features that I've been sitting on for a couple of weeks.

I appreciate the patience.  I also have trouble playing the game without the mod, so believe me when I say that I have plenty of motivation to finish updating it!

Thanks for the update, EdB. I'm excited to see the new features you've been working on :D

Omenpapa

I also have trouble playing the game without the mod, so believe me when I say that I have plenty of motivation to finish updating it!

Tell me about it :) I outright refuse to play this game till u have this amazing ui mode updated to the current version :)

christhekiller

I keep clicking on stuff and expecting the order to be there when it isn't. Danggit lol

thefinn

Awesome, have you noticed the new button for stockpiles etc? The one where you can turn off/on all items at once ?

Possible to add this functionality to the crafting table interface screen ?

Aporatael

Quote from: EdB on November 23, 2014, 09:31:46 PM
I've considered splitting this type of thing into a separate "advanced UI" mod--it could happen eventually, but for now the mod probably isn't going to see too many significant features added.

I would like this. A mod that can be disabled without breaking anything is always a bonus. And for more advanced features have a separate mod for people who are ok with binding a mod to their game.

mjneal

Quote from: Omenpapa on December 13, 2014, 05:31:12 AM
Tell me about it :) I outright refuse to play this game till you have this amazing ui mode updated to the current version :)

My sister and I are the same, we were excited to jump into the game and look around at the new stuff but then we both realized we weren't really interested in playing without our crews. EdB's interface and prepare carefully are less mods and more things that should just be in the game to begin with. An optimized character bar and a full sandbox character editor are musts for this kind of thing. Who knew you could be so attached to your little dudes?

That said, Ty just keeps impressing. A8 has improved the vanilla game so much! :)

Ironvos

Great to know you're already working on the update, eagerly awaiting it, no pressure there  ;)

I do wonder though if this mod is save game compatible.
It doesn't change anything in the gameplay so i assume it is ?

EdB

Quote from: Ironvos on December 13, 2014, 10:28:24 AM

Correct.  Enabling and disabling the mod has no impact on your saved game.

Ramsis

Quote from: EdB on December 13, 2014, 01:10:51 PM
Quote from: Ironvos on December 13, 2014, 10:28:24 AM

Correct.  Enabling and disabling the mod has no impact on your saved game.

Greetings Ed, and... once again sorry for bothering you over PM's.... must ask what these features you've been sitting on are? Don't suppose it's something along the lines of scenario drops with the prepare carefully system a lot of us have been hoping for?
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

EdB

Quote from: Ramsis on December 13, 2014, 01:42:13 PM
...must ask what these features you've been sitting on are?

No, nothing like that.  Two very minor new features in the interface mod.  Nothing new in prepare carefully.

Wasn't trying to tease anything.  They really are minor additions.  I'm adding the ability to copy-and-paste storage settings and the ability to toggle the colonist bar without enabling and disabling it--both features that have been requested by multiple people.

Ramsis

Quote from: EdB on December 13, 2014, 03:00:37 PM

No, nothing like that.  Two very minor new features in the interface mod.  Nothing new in prepare carefully.

Wasn't trying to tease anything.  They really are minor additions.  I'm adding the ability to copy-and-paste storage settings and the ability to toggle the colonist bar without enabling and disabling it--both features that have been requested by multiple people.

Good times.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

christhekiller

Quote from: EdB on December 13, 2014, 03:00:37 PM

Nice! Super looking forward to the update!