[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhenomTaker

EdB

The first Alpha 8 release is available.  If you've been using the mod for awhile, you'll know that the first versions between alpha updates can be a little buggy.  Please let me know if you see any issues. 

Keep in mind that the mod replaces a lot UI elements from the vanilla game with customized versions of those same elements.  With a new alpha, I need to go through all of those UI elements to make sure that I match any new changes from vanilla in the customized versions.  It's a bit tedious, and sometimes I miss changes.  If you notice anything from alpha 8 vanilla that's not appearing when this mod in enabled, be sure to let me know.

New features in this version:

• You can copy-and-paste storage settings between stockpiles and storage buildings (graves and equipment racks).
  • You can now hide the Colonist Status Bar without disabling it.  Right-click on the bar and choose "Hide Colonist Bar."  When hidden, a small icon will appear in the upper-right corner of the screen.  Click this icon to show the Colonist Status Bar again.
I still haven't actually played a game of Alpha 8 yet!  I need to go do that!

Match

Quote from: EdB on December 15, 2014, 01:08:21 AM
The first Alpha 8 release is available.  If you've been using the mod for awhile, you'll know that the first versions between alpha updates can be a little buggy.  Please let me know if you see any issues. 

Keep in mind that the mod replaces a lot UI elements from the vanilla game with customized versions of those same elements.  With a new alpha, I need to go through all of those UI elements to make sure that I match any new changes from vanilla in the customized versions.  It's a bit tedious, and sometimes I miss changes.  If you notice anything from alpha 8 vanilla that's not appearing when this mod in enabled, be sure to let me know.

New features in this version:

• You can copy-and-paste storage settings between stockpiles and storage buildings (graves and equipment racks).
  • You can now hide the Colonist Status Bar without disabling it.  Right-click on the bar and choose "Hide Colonist Bar."  When hidden, a small icon will appear in the upper-right corner of the screen.  Click this icon to show the Colonist Status Bar again.

Thank you EdB!

Raufgar

Quote from: EdB on December 15, 2014, 01:08:21 AM

Yes, please do and see how fast your colonists fry / freeze to death!
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

Scaph

Thanks for the update, this mod has become essential for me.

Has anyone else had trouble with flooring since update? I can see the floor options, but no tooltip when I hover over them, and clicking them just closes the menu. I can place blueprints with the mod turned off, and they build just fine when I turn it back on, just can't place floors with the mod on. :(

It's an easy work-around so I'm not too concerned about it, just wondering if anyone else has the same problem and maybe a better fix.

EdB

Quote from: Scaph on December 15, 2014, 02:21:19 AM
Has anyone else had trouble with flooring since update? I can see the floor options, but no tooltip when I hover over them, and clicking them just closes the menu. I can place blueprints with the mod turned off, and they build just fine when I turn it back on, just can't place floors with the mod on.

Yep.  I'm seeing the same thing.  Thanks for the bug report.  I will work on a fix.

EdB

Quote from: Scaph on December 15, 2014, 02:21:19 AM
Has anyone else had trouble with flooring since update? I can see the floor options, but no tooltip when I hover over them, and clicking them just closes the menu.

I just did a new release, 2.4.2, to fix this bug.

Scaph

Drahkon

Getting an error continuously whenever I have the main menu up, anyone else seeing this?

Exception updating layer: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at EdB.Interface.Page_MainMenu.LayerUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LayerStack.LayersUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

MelanisticAlbino

I love this mod, it's essential!

Anybody experience any problem with the crafting tab? Nothing happens when I for example click on the crafting tab to chose what to craft on crafting tables, nothing happen. The menu doesn't drop down.

EnderWigin

Yes, I have problems with bills too. But it works fine if you disable custom bills in interface options.

wolf0x

Quote from: EnderWigin on December 15, 2014, 08:08:32 AM
Yes, I have problems with bills too. But it works fine if you disable custom bills in interface options.

Thanks for the work around. I'm also having the same problem

Raufgar

I am encountering a hard loop when I open the game menu while the latest EdB Interface mod is running. It will loop until the game crashes. This is on a new world and a new colony. Screenshot attached (EdB Interface Error 1). List of running mods in screenshot.

Am also not seeing the advanced options (Do until x, Do Forever, etc.) listed when setting up bills. Have to click on the Options button to access advanced options. Screenshot attached (EdB Interface Error 2).

Am also attaching World Seed. Save Game is located here.

[attachment deleted due to age]
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

EdB

Quote from: MelanisticAlbino on December 15, 2014, 06:13:06 AM
Anybody experience any problem with the crafting tab? Nothing happens when I for example click on the crafting tab to chose what to craft on crafting tables, nothing happen. The menu doesn't drop down.

Quote from: Drahkon on December 15, 2014, 03:40:07 AM
Getting an error continuously whenever I have the main menu up, anyone else seeing this?

Thanks for the bug reports.  These should be fixed in the new release, 2.4.3.

EdB

Quote from: Raufgar on December 15, 2014, 10:23:35 AM
Am also not seeing the advanced options (Do until x, Do Forever, etc.) listed when setting up bills. Have to click on the Options button to access advanced options.

I did not see this issue myself.  Please let me know if this is still happening for you with the 2.4.3 release.  Thanks for the bug report.