[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marram

Not sure if this has been added in already but I found a little bug with the colonist overview at the top.

One of my colonists broke and started wander around, at this point he was removed from the colonist overview, I captured him and set to work convincing him to return as he was a very useful crafter. He was converted after a few days but his icon did not return to the colonist overview.

bullet

It would be cool if you added option:
change displaying order of the colonist positions in the review tab and respectively, in the colonist status bar

SilverDragon

Quote from: Encode on January 09, 2015, 06:58:52 AM
I'm not sure if anyone had reported this problem before, but pawns are spawning & stuck at the edge of the map. This snapshot is of raiders. I'm sure the visitors will have this problem as well. Not saying this is caused by your mod, EdB, but this can only be discovered by scrolling through the list of pawns using your interface. Maybe you have better luck finding out how/why and then we can have a proper bug report. :) This is not an issue right now but I'm not sure if those stuck there will die+rot+clutter the map data... Thanks if you can help. Cheers!

These are actually raiders that aren't even in the map yet, their coordinates probably point to -1000, -1000. The game has already made the pawns but has yet to drop them into the map. You're not meant to see them! :D So I'd say its not a bug as much as a feature.

SilverDragon

There is a feature I'm very curious to have in this mod since it already has the ability to copy/paste the stockpile setup. If at all possible, could you add the ability to copy/paste bills from workbenches? For example if I make multiple Cooking Stoves or Electric Smelters, I'd appreciate if I could copy/paste the bills across the tables instead of manually going through each to set up the bills and allowing/disallowing the things I'd like to keep and get rid of. :)

hyprformnce

Quote from: SilverDragon on January 16, 2015, 03:13:27 PM
There is a feature I'm very curious to have in this mod since it already has the ability to copy/paste the stockpile setup. If at all possible, could you add the ability to copy/paste bills from workbenches? For example if I make multiple Cooking Stoves or Electric Smelters, I'd appreciate if I could copy/paste the bills across the tables instead of manually going through each to set up the bills and allowing/disallowing the things I'd like to keep and get rid of. :)

+1 to this idea! having multiple of any sort of production building is sort of a pain

EdB

Quote from: Marram on January 13, 2015, 12:02:56 PM
Not sure if this has been added in already but I found a little bug with the colonist overview at the top.

One of my colonists broke and started wander around, at this point he was removed from the colonist overview, I captured him and set to work convincing him to return as he was a very useful crafter. He was converted after a few days but his icon did not return to the colonist overview.

Can you double-check which version of the mod that you have?  I meant to I fix this in version 2.4.5 and would like to know if it's actually not completely fixed.

EdB

Quote from: bullet on January 13, 2015, 06:07:49 PM
It would be cool if you added option:
change displaying order of the colonist positions in the review tab and respectively, in the colonist status bar

Take a look at this post that I put up awhile back discussing the development direction of the mod.  This idea falls into a category of features that I've decided to not work on--at least for now.  Technically, this idea is actually something that I could do without worrying about the save game issues that I talk about in that post, but it's probably something that I would only work on as part of a larger squad management feature. 

I will say that I did recently work out a technique for dealing with the save game issue that I'm almost happy with.  It comes with one or two trade-offs, but it mostly works the way that I want it to, so I may revisit the decision on these types of features.

EdB

Quote from: SilverDragon on January 16, 2015, 03:13:27 PM

I will look into this.  It should not be too difficult to do.

Epyk

How hard would it be to save priority presets?
For much easier micro managing, fiddling with priorities all the time has gotten me crazy.
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

bearminator

Quote from: EdB on January 12, 2015, 11:27:27 AM
Quote from: Skay24 on January 12, 2015, 05:09:35 AM
The inventory option doesn't work for me. Don't now why, but when I click it, and nothing happens.

Are you using other mods?  If so, it's probably some kind of mod incompatibility.  If you open the console (the ` key), there may be an error message there that gives a better idea of what's causing the problem.

That's what the console says:
EdB Interface inventory dialog failed to count all inventory

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at EdB.Interface.InventoryCounterDefault.CountThing (Verse.Thing thing, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 recordLookup, EdB.Interface.InventoryState state, System.Boolean& equippable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.Interface.InventoryManager.Count (Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.Interface.InventoryManager.TakeInventory () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.Interface.Dialog_Inventory.TakeInventory () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Rock5

Sometimes, to cycle through the colonists, I use the arrows in the information panels. It's a bit annoying to have to open one of the sub panels (Character, Gear, Health, Thoughts) to use this feature. Can the arrows be added to the main panel instead? At the moment I'm using the "Colonist" button to cycle through the colonists but it only goes one way, arrows are better because you can go both ways.

Also the arrows disappear when you look at a Mechanical Defense 2 droid. Could you have a look at that? Although I don't know if it's something you or they need to fix. I've already mentioned it to them.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

EdB

Quote from: Rock5 on January 21, 2015, 01:01:56 AM
At the moment I'm using the "Colonist" button to cycle through the colonists but it only goes one way, arrows are better because you can go both ways.

Just a note that if you right-click on the Colonist button, it will cycle through in the other direction.

Quote from: Rock5 on January 21, 2015, 01:01:56 AM
Also the arrows disappear when you look at a Mechanical Defense 2 droid. Could you have a look at that? Although I don't know if it's something you or they need to fix. I've already mentioned it to them.

This is probably something that I would need to fix.  I will take a look.

Rock5

Quote from: EdB on January 21, 2015, 11:15:57 AM
Just a note that if you right-click on the Colonist button, it will cycle through in the other direction.
Cool. Thanks.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

akiceabear

QuoteJust a note that if you right-click on the Colonist button, it will cycle through in the other direction.

+1!

Shinzy

EdBard!

I was testing my own mod (spawning in pirates and villagers to check how often they'd spawn with some items)
so I cycled through them in the gear tab
and then I start reading gear of random space soldiers I hadn't put on map ;D

you can determine if cryptopods have enemies or friendlies in them like this (and see their gear)
Don't know if it's fixable thing but it's pretty exploitable! ;D