[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock5

The resources list on the left side of the screen is getting too long. I seem to remember changing it so it grouped things together in collapsible groups. I chose not to use that mode but now I don't know how I did it. I don't know if it's a mod option or it's supposed to be a vanilla option somewhere but now I can't find any such option.

Did I just imagine it? Is there such an option? I ask here because it sounds like something the EdB Interface might have a hand in.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

EdB

Quote from: Rock5 on January 26, 2015, 12:04:31 AM
The resources list on the left side of the screen is getting too long. I seem to remember changing it so it grouped things together in collapsible groups. I chose not to use that mode but now I don't know how I did it. I don't know if it's a mod option or it's supposed to be a vanilla option somewhere but now I can't find any such option.

Did I just imagine it? Is there such an option? I ask here because it sounds like something the EdB Interface might have a hand in.

It's a vanilla option.  It's the third little icon above the "Overview" button at bottom-right of the screen.

Rock5

Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Alt

Quote from: EdB on January 25, 2015, 12:17:43 PM
There's a particular item or building that it's failing to count.  Usually this happens when it's something out of the ordinary from another mod.  Unfortunately, I'm not logging enough information for the console output to be useful.  I've been experimenting in dev mod to try hunt down the culprit, but so far no luck.  I'll keep looking, but if there's a particular building that you can think of that you first added soon before it stopped working or a particular item that you moved into a stockpile, that might help.

There was a message I forgot to show.

Does it help at all?

shhfiftyfive

not sure if this mod is causing it, or if its the vanilla game, or some other mod in epyk...

i cant even remember if this being part of the vanilla game.

after i loaded up mods for the first time (epyk pack) i found that the mouse scroll wheel doesn't work so well.

i mean when i have an interface tab (trade, etc) window open and you want to scroll down a list... the mouse wheel button does that...

but it also doesn't respect/recognize that you have said tab open, and so what you see is the mouse wheel function as a camera zoom in and out on the game world in the background. it is extremely annoying to put it mildly.

how can i fix this?

EdB

Quote from: shhfiftyfive on January 26, 2015, 11:57:38 AM
not sure if this mod is causing it, or if its the vanilla game, or some other mod in epyk...

after i loaded up mods for the first time (epyk pack) i found that the mouse scroll wheel doesn't work so well.

i mean when i have an interface tab (trade, etc) window open and you want to scroll down a list... the mouse wheel button does that...

but it also doesn't respect/recognize that you have said tab open, and so what you see is the mouse wheel function as a camera zoom in and out on the game world in the background. it is extremely annoying to put it mildly.

how can i fix this?

I'm not sure where this might be happening in the vanilla game or where it might be caused by other mods, but I'm seeing the issue with just Prepare Carefully and the Interface mod enabled using the trader window.  This only seems to happen immediately after starting a new game with Prepare Carefully.  If you save the game and then reload it, it should go away.  If you quit out of the game and then load it up later, it should also be gone.  It just happens right after you start a new game.  If reloading the game doesn't fix the problem, it could be caused by another mod on the modpack.

I know why it's happening--it's related to the technique that I'm using to override the resources that you start the game with--but I'm not entirely sure if it's fixable.  I will look into it.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: EdB on January 26, 2015, 11:19:13 PM

how can i fix this?

I'm not sure where this might be happening in the vanilla game or where it might be caused by other mods, but I'm seeing the issue with just Prepare Carefully and the Interface mod enabled using the trader window.  This only seems to happen immediately after starting a new game with Prepare Carefully.  If you save the game and then reload it, it should go away.  If you quit out of the game and then load it up later, it should also be gone.  It just happens right after you start a new game.  If reloading the game doesn't fix the problem, it could be caused by another mod on the modpack.

I know why it's happening--it's related to the technique that I'm using to override the resources that you start the game with--but I'm not entirely sure if it's fixable.  I will look into it.
It is vanilla game its a known bug
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

EdB

Quote from: GiantCookieEater on January 27, 2015, 01:41:18 AM

how can i fix this?

I can say that I just tested this out in the vanilla game (using Windows, not Mac) with the trade window and it does not happen.  It may happen with other scrollable windows.

Igabod

Quote from: EdB on January 27, 2015, 02:12:02 AM
Quote from: GiantCookieEater on January 27, 2015, 01:41:18 AM

how can i fix this?

I can say that I just tested this out in the vanilla game (using Windows, not Mac) with the trade window and it does not happen.  It may happen with other scrollable windows.

I have seen it happen with the trade window as well as other scrollable windows on vanilla. It doesn't happen every time though. Just when it's most annoying.

EdB

Quote from: Igabod on January 27, 2015, 02:18:59 AM
I have seen it happen with the trade window as well as other scrollable windows on vanilla. It doesn't happen every time though. Just when it's most annoying.

Could be, but I can't get it to happen with the trade window.  It definitely happens consistently with Prepare Carefully as described above.

Mechanoid Hivemind

There was a message I forgot to show.

This is what i kept getting to
I have vanilla turrets installed and more research benches too
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Marnador

Alright this wasn't easy but I think I tracked the issue or at least whats causing Inventory to fail.
Unless this was already found in that case ah well =p let those who are new to this problem see at least.
This is a vanilla colony no mods besides EdB Interface.
Where there is an unfinished stone flooring blueprint it gives this

But as soon as I cancel it to goes back to normal, I tried this theory multiple times and every time pawn start a flooring blueprint (stone in my case) this error pops up.
This is what happens as soon as I cancel it.

Basically all goes back to normal.

SilverDragon

Quote from: Marnador on January 27, 2015, 06:51:46 AM
Alright this wasn't easy but I think I tracked the issue or at least whats causing Inventory to fail.
Unless this was already found in that case ah well =p let those who are new to this problem see at least.
This is a vanilla colony no mods besides EdB Interface.
Where there is an unfinished stone flooring blueprint it gives this

But as soon as I cancel it to goes back to normal, I tried this theory multiple times and every time pawn start a flooring blueprint (stone in my case) this error pops up.
This is what happens as soon as I cancel it.

Basically all goes back to normal.

Ohh stone floors.. Now I remember why I dont use those... I had this one case of a disappearing Norbal colonist and it turned out she just went invisible because of a shadowing issue or something between a pawn and the stone floors! ;D

Mechanoid Hivemind

OHHHHHHH.....i have carpet being installed let me cancel it to see if it works with my mods

Rock5

Could this have something to do with my floors sometimes becoming untiled?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport