World not generating with new mods

Started by oravbro, July 14, 2020, 12:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oravbro

Hello, I've recently started installing a ton of mods to my game and now whenever I go to generate a new world it takes me back to the world generation screen after a couple seconds. I don't know much about mod compatibilities and load orders, so I'll post my modlist XML file and hopefully someone can help me figure out any mismatching or incompatibilities.

Canute

Hi,
at first you allways should read the mod description. The mod author allready give out some warning about other mods.

Enable developer mode at the options!
Don't activate all mod's at once, do this at small batches.
So you notice early when a mod throw out errors (red text), identify that mod and look at the mod discussion at these mod if something is known about these errors, if not ask the mod author about the errors.
And be sure that you have loaded required mod's before these mods.
Better don't use a mod that give error's then to risk later a critical error that prevent to load the safegame or made the playing impossible.

natthegreat668

Yo. Generate world with minimal amount of mods. After generation, save it. Then add all the mods you want and go crazy.

RawCode

thunderstorrm

I've had similar issues after adding lots of mods. Usually ends up having to do with mod order. I think there are guides to how to put the mods in correct order and you should follow those. Also look through the mods you have and ask yourself, Do I really need this one? and take off any you don't care about much and see if it works then... if not, you can try taking half off and see if it works. If it does, you add a few at a time back on until you find the one causing problems. It's a pain and is time consuming but playing a well modded Rimworld without problems is really worth it. :)

Canute

Yeah i realy should made one ! :-(
The load order doesn't matter much.
But you need to put required mod before the mod that it need.
Some mod authors give suggestion to load it before some other special or after.

More important, mods should cause any error after activation/rimworld startup.
Activate them at small batches, then you notice early when this happen.
Check if you miss a required mod, check the mod description/discussion if anything is known. But better don't use a mod that cause an error.