Hi! I am new and I bring some ideas!

Started by DiosPaladin, July 16, 2020, 11:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiosPaladin

Hi! First of all to say that I am new and I apologize if this is wrongly posted, I adore this wonderful game called "Rimworld" and I have come to enjoy playing it with mods more, so I always thought of ideas about mods that can be fun and entertaining and here I come to put a couple of basic ideas that, if someone is interested I can expand it further to give a better understanding.

My first idea is "Ants" a mod that would implement a new "Pets" system that consists of the incorporation of mutant ants into this world, with a new interaction tab and a complex system that allows you to use these creatures.

Another idea "currently Noname" is the growth of factions and colonies individually, a system that allows alliances and enmities not only for your faction, but among others as well, allowing you to interact with each other or develop independently. , and to expand it even more that each colony has a different "role", between different types that would be Commercial, Slave or Combat, that you even have the possibility of being known as a pirate faction!

Currently I will leave these 2 ideas and see how it develops, my knowledge of programming (and English) is almost nil, but I was always creative, I await your answers! n.n

DiosPaladin

Hello and thanks for responding!

Both mods are very interesting and I loved the one with the Insectoids! I did not see More Faction Alliances being updated to 1.1.

As I said before, I only gave a general idea of ideas that I have, especially that of the "Ants" is quite different and similar to the ones that you showed me, being an idea "Taming" a Queen Ant and that it is part of your cologne or rather, don't be aggressive towards yourself.

Should I give more details to see if my idea is attractive or even possible?

Canute

Like a good modder mention along time ago.
At rimworld (modding) anything is possible.
But if you want some new gameplay mechanic, you will need some talented modder.
And since i think your "Ants" will have some new mechanic's they all need to programed first.
The forum is full of idea's but it lack's at the modder to pickup them. And the game dev's have their own idea's anyway.

DiosPaladin

Great! In that case I will broaden the idea in a general way in case someone is interested in taking it freely, my main objective is to be able to play one day with this mod! : D

First I will divide this into 2 concepts, the behavior of the "Ants" and the interaction of the colonists.

Starting with the Queen Bee, he is big but weak, almost unable to fight and cannot feed himself, he is intelligent so he can understand who is an ally or enemies.
The worker and soldier ants are the same, the main difference being that the soldiers are bigger and slower than the workers, but in strength and load they are similar.
To this we can add the princess, nurse and drones, but this is simple and jumpy.
The behavior of these ants is basic, since the soldiers and workers are the ones that focus on getting food either by hunting or cutting grass, this food would take it to the nest where they "plant" it and from there a new material would come out that we will call " Compost "which is the only food that these ants consume.
In case the ants attack whoever approaches and at certain times the queen gives the order to collect food and the ants will search around for her, the soldiers will prefer to hunt and the workers will cut grass or crops, it should be noted that any product that comes out of work "Hunting" and "Agriculture" can be used to create Compost, be it meat, plants, leather or wood.

The interaction and use with the colonists and players, these ants are naturally aggressive to everything, however if you manage to get close to the queen to interact with her you will have 100% success that she changes to neutral mode, you can get closer to her nest without being attacked but you will not be able to take anything from them and if you attack them they will respond.
After a couple of successful interactions with the queen she will become an "ally" giving you the option to give her small orders, but you will not have control over her, but if you can now take her food and will not be targeted when they hunt (yes you are neutral, the soldiers can see you as food if you are close).
You can take the Compost and use it in 3 different ways, the first is as a food that will temporarily make your settlers stronger but it will also make them unhappy, the second use is a drug, which when consumed would double the effect of strength that food gives your settlers temporarily, becoming unconscious at the end of the effect, in case they become addicted this is the third use which is a minor drug that applies a similar effect to consuming food, but without negative effect.
In addition, within the special interaction window with the queen, you can allow them to do hunting or agriculture work for your colonists (It being clear that your colonists still need to plant the seeds), having a new object that would be a delivery / receipt table. where if you put food the ants will take it to make it Compost, and right there they will leave the things they hunt.

In itself I enjoy looking after and having many animals even on cold winter days, however I never liked that once you hit that 1% a Thrumbo is your most faithful and seasoned pet, that's why I liked the idea of ​​a "pet "to work with you and not for you, this is a general and broad idea but there are still details to mention such as the strength of the ants (which should be weak so that they are not very cheated), these ants would be the classic red ants and would exist 2 more versions, the black ants that are much stronger but totally wild and devouring, being like the Alpha-beavers but capable of consuming the entire map, and a "white" version that unlocks much later in the game, which has the strength of the black but a greater loyalty to your settlers than the red, since to get it you should be the one who believes it.

Sorry if something fails in my writing or explanation, if you want to know more I will be happy to publish it here or privately, I am interested in seeing this mod published, whoever does it will be happy to see it in action!

DiosPaladin

Now I will explain my idea of ​​a mod that expands the interaction of factions, I have to mention that this may sound very similar to some other mods, but these were not any influence.

I will divide this into several parts and in order, first this mod would have to expand the interaction and usefulness of the factions and colonies, making them have more impact in the game.

First, a Faction and a Colony would be different things, I want to remove that factor of giving a gift to a colony and that all the colonies in the world are kind to you, here the current "Hostile, Neutral and Allied" system will apply to each colony individually and not to the faction, this implies the following, if you become an ally of a colony whose faction is hostile to you, you can interact with that colony but you will continue to receive attacks from this faction, also if you manage to ally with a faction You will receive better benefits than just trade, I will expand this below.

The second aspect to explain would be the development of this mod while I play, explained in 3 parts:
At the beginning of the game, when creating a map there will be no colony in the world since being new to this world you should not have this type of knowledge (If you can not see the factions, although this is not so important either), This will deactivate the assaults, caravans and visits to your colony but you will still be able to see people go through the map, here each faction takes a color and generally they wear an article of clothing linked to this faction, in case you will not have interaction with other colonies until you get the "radio", once you achieve this you will be able to receive different types of attacks and information at random about the world.
The growth of this mod is based on this radio, by having it you will be able to intercept conversations that will unlock caches, rescue missions and location of camps or colonies, this I will explain better later also.
When you advance in the game, you will have the option of creating an "Empire" (Empire has this idea, but I hope it is not the same xp), this implies the fact of having more colonies, better interaction with these, having allies close and even have colonies of different factions allied towards you (but not under your control).

Explaining more in detail each theme, the factions will have a new system of Enemies, Hostile, Neutral, Friendly, Allied based on a point system of -5 to 5 (It would be the same as the previous one from -100 to 100 but simplified), from - 5 to -4 the faction would be enemy, -3 to -2 hostile, -1 to 1 would be neutral, 2 to 3 would be friendly, 4 to 5 would be allies, each colony that becomes your ally or enemy will add 1 point, however if the colony disappears, the points cannot go down from 0 but they will not go up either, I explain, if you become an ally of 2 colonies whose faction is +1 towards you, if you attack another colony of the same faction you will lose the "ally" of these 2 colonies but the points will remain at 0, if an allied colony of a faction of -1 towards you disappears, it will remain at -1.

When starting a map, one thing I am looking for is to be close to as many factions as I can, either to trade with them or attack them, so I thought it would be a good idea if the colonies were born and destroyed around you and somehow you could influencing it, when you start you will choose the square where to live, and when you get the radio you will sometimes hear the location of a colony or camp, in this case the camps are very easy to destroy and if you let them be they will become a strong colony, so You will feel that your environment is constantly changing, this would add more events and modify some of the current ones, for example, by having the radio the rescue missions would be very frequent, but not directed at you, if not whoever listens to it, this causes if you go to that site you can find pirates, an extra interaction that I would add to this mission, is that if you rescue the person you can recruit them to become part of your colony, or "offer help" what that would make it a guest and you would get information about a colony to which it belongs and if you take it there you would earn a reputation with them, another change is to those missions that ask you for "2,669 patches" a slight change is that a caravan from this colony that send the mission can accept it, so you would save those annoying trips of 3 days round trip...
New Event! Called Invasion, Colony A will attack Colony B, if you are an ally of one of these colonies, you can receive an aid mission to participate, in case the request is from colony a, near the colony to be attacked you will see an indicator that upon arrival they will attack both at the same time, however in this case to receive the mission reward you must prevent your allies from fleeing, for them the allies will wait a bit before attacking allowing you to better plan the attack, in case of success you can have the reward and the resources of the map, now in the situation that you have to help, well, it is the same but you must kill those who attack.
This system would help you feel that the colonies around you are more alive, it is something simple but I like it.
Now about the system from -5 to 5 (is it shorter to say so, or should I call it EHNFA? Please don't ...) these systems would unlock more possible events, in case of allies this faction has a high possibility of sending help in case if you receive an attack, if you are an ally of several factions you can even receive help from 2 groups! the allies for their part simply will not attack you, both cases will send caravans to your colony continuously and with more resources if they are allies, the neutrals will basically ignore you c :, hostiles and enemies will send attacks regularly, with the option that the Enemies will send suicide attacks, which will not flee at any time making them more dangerous! Oh, and they will never send visitors or caravans.
I admit it well, I exaggerated, I have always had great ideas but I know that they are not always applicable, ah, by the way I also wanted to mention that this would apply to prisons, if you release an unhappy prisoner of pirates for example, there are many possibilities that you will receive an attack of them, if you release a pirate with high humor, the chances that they attack you are very low, also forget to mention that the improved version of "Radio" will allow you to avoid or provoke an attack, sending, let's say, blurring signals so that they don't detect your colony or the opposite, this way in the end-game you can avoid the conflict or live on blood tides ... um, also forget to mention the roles of the colony, that if you choose a role as a farmer, merchant or pirates the colony I will receive benefits and needs based on that role, ah, too many ideas my head hurts xx

I hope that you like some of these ideas and hopefully apply some of them, greetings and again, I am sorry if the translator wrote something wrong and I am getting tired of writing and translating xp

RicRider

Maybe you could check out the 'Empire' mod. That sounds a bit like what you want and it's constantly being updated so you might want to give some of your excellent suggestions there!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2006535182&searchtext=empires
##Coding Scrub##