[1.1.2654] Sent prisoner to home faction by drop pod results in prisoner banishd

Started by bischoje, July 17, 2020, 10:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bischoje

Sending a prisoner to their home faction by drop pod results in colonists suffering the "Prisoner banished to death" mood debuff.

1. What the circumstances were.

I wanted to patch up and release the tribal raiders that had survived a battle against my colony. The only problem? One of the raiders was so old and frail that she was downed without any combat wounds! I couldn't "release" her the normal way because she couldn't walk on her own. So I stuffed her in a transport pod to send her to her home base.

2. What happened.

When I proposed to send her to an allied faction, the game indicated I would get a +1 relations boost with that faction. However, when I proposed to send her to her home faction's base, the game gave a warning that the contents would be lost.

I sent her home anyway, and got a notification that since there were no colonists in the pods that the contents were lost. I then noticed the -4 "Prisoner banished to death" mood debuff on most of my colonists.

3. What you expected to happen.

I did not expect to get a mood debuff since the prisoner was not banished to death, but rather sent home.

4. Steps we can follow to make the bug appear on our machine. This part is important! We need a set of steps which we can follow to get the same results you're seeing. Ideally you'll test these steps to make sure they work from scratch.

Place a (hostile, non-ambulatory) prisoner in a drop pod and send them to their home faction.

Cynapse