Add Ability to Rescue Non-Downed Wounded

Started by Vixer, July 26, 2020, 08:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vixer

Have you ever watched in agony as one of your unfortunate colonists slumps towards a medical bed at a crawl, dying from bleeing in 4 hours and wondered...WHY IS NOBODY HELPING HIM TO A BED!?!?! HE's MISSING A F****** LEG!!!

Suggestion is to add simple features to the game to improve the logic/balance of rescuing injured pawns:

-Allow Colonists to Rescue injured colonists to medical beds BEFORE they are downed from their injuries. [Possibly limit the ability to only those with Medical?] (Balance:  Sometimes the movement speed of someone who's injured gets a colonist killed travelling towards a bed when it is irrational all their friends would watch them harrowingly crawl along without anyone helping.) 

-Perhaps in addition, allow colonists to assist wounded colonists to compensate for their slow movement, eating, crafting, et cetera Like an "assist in task" option.  These could be auto-d and add more viable ways to gain "medical" experience.

-A negative trait can be added to the game called "Stubborn" that makes pawns act like they currently do.  Bleeding on their way to the bed, too prideful to let anyone assist them until they fall prone.  Stubborn could do more than that, too.

I'm curious what others think.  After like 900 hours, I just had to login and say something.  I think it would make a game I love, a little better.

LWM

AileTheAlien

The ability to rescue pawns before they're downed would be pretty good, although helping pawns in tasks seems like it could get fiddly. Like, how does that get prioritized vs doctoring, tending, and socializing patients?

Canute

Field medic mod can patch up bleeding pawns.
You can arrest them and treat them at the prison.
You can place a sleeping spot next to the pawn as medical spot, when a doctor carry medicin (Smart Medicin) he can patchup him there.

Hilvon1984

If a colonist is not downed, you can drop a sleeping spot, mark it as medical and order them to rest on the spot while the medic patches them up with doctor care.
I am actually more bothered by colonists preferring to reque a downed colonist to a hospital bed on the other side of the map, rather than putting them into a sleeping spot right there.
So I sometimes drop a focus or painblock psycasts on downed pawns so I can order them to rest nearby.

Canute

You can use non-lethal weapon, down that colonist at this way and rescue them.
Or if you like psycast you maybe like magic too, Rim of Magic offer some abilities to down pawns.
You can summon pawn's (when you move the summoner to the hospital) and ofcourse you can heal them with magic.

But the idea to carry injured (and only injured) pawns/animals to a hospital bed could be an idea, but i still would prefer to use field medic before to stop the bleeding first and then carry him to he hospial.

Hilvon1984

Quote from: Canute on July 27, 2020, 06:37:26 AM
You can use non-lethal weapon, down that colonist at this way and rescue them.

Yes, actually. Neural Heat Dump is usefull to make a pawn go Down.
Also Skip is mega-useful if you need to get a pawn closer to medical bed... regardless if they are downed or not.

cultist

I'd like to see pawns be able to carry medicine in their inventory like they do with food. The biggest issue with treating wounds in the field is that you're unlikely to have medicine nearby. It doesn't matter so much that there's no bed as long as you have medicine. Medicine also treats several wounds at once, decreasing the chance of the pawn bleeding out.

I know there's various ways to cheese it using caravans, but I'd prefer to avoid that.

LWM

There's at least one mod that does that.  I think I have seen 3.  So you have options if you want to go that way :)