Injury that destroys part does not wake sleeping mechanoid

Started by LWM, July 27, 2020, 12:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LWM

If you shoot a mechanoid and completely destroy a body part, it does not wake the mechanoid.

Example: Jojo just shot the pikeman and shot off the rear right foot.  The mechanoid continues to sleep (its log is aware Jojo hit the pikeman with a bullet).

Expected: Jojo is murdered in so many ways by robotic horrors.

LWM

This also happens with melee weapons that completely destroy a part.

Pheanox

Thank you for the bug report.  How did you go about getting this bug to occur?  Do you use mods, and what version are you playing on?

In Unstable v1.2.2747 I have had a pawn cut off a part with melee and shoot off a part with ranged destroying the part completely, and it woke the mechs up on both accounts.

LWM

I got it to occur mostly be accident! I noticed it was happening a lot - my snipers would shoot off fingers from sleeping mechanoids when they dropped with psychic ship parts(etc).  I was not playing with Royalty.

I was probably playing modded. I don't think I play with anything that affects mechanoids or AI, but ....?

Maybe I should be playing with the Unstable build  :D

Pheanox

In vanilla RimWorld, mechanoids do not have fingers, so I believe a mod is adding parts to a mechanoid that the mechanoid does not realize it has, therefore when they lose them they don't react.

LWM

I believe one actual example was a scyther's blade. I did not take any screenshots or notes, alas.

Pheanox

OK so I was wrong, apparently they do have thumbs, its just not listed as one of their hediffs.  However in unstable branch I shot off a scyther's thumb and they awoke.  I am going to assume this is fixed until otherwise reported again.