SPOILERS! Get 7 psylinks/ceremony, ~50 positive relation with empire. unstable

Started by Pokerman, July 27, 2020, 08:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pokerman

If you have a pawn who is a freeholder or less and he gets enough honor to become a count (65 honor as I remember), the ceremony "Title giver" will bring 7 psylinks with him. You use psychic lance just to not to kill the "title giver" and imprison him/her after the battle. Now you use the psylinks on everyone you want. Then you make a caravan to offer gifts to the empire with the title giver. She is more then 4k silver worth (as I remember if you give 3k silver, you get +100 to the relation with a faction) because of the archotech eyes.  Just by giving her to empire, you will become neutral or in some cases even ALLIES... Now you wait until the empire will offer you next ceremony. If you never finish a ceremony as you should, you can loop this quest and all your pawns soon could perform psycast 6.

It's also too easy to get to 65 honor. Make a stable prison and sell the slaves. Would you rather sell 4 prisoners (you collected from the raids) to the empire for 12 honor, give them ~67*12 gold(value spike) or do a 3 stars mission for 12 honor(high risk)?
I hope this will get fixed. It feels like a cheat and makes the game too exploitable.

Edit: my suggestion: remove all honor points for the betrayal from the pawn who was the cause of the ceremony.
Edit2: I just sent the title giver for +200 relationship points... As stupid as it sounds it makes me want to stop playing rimworld at this point.

Canute

Solution 3: Don't allow to gain higher reputation then 0 for 1+ year once you were hostile before.
And the empire never should forgive you, so they NEVER become allied again.

Pokerman

Another idea: the empire will demand the value equal or higher to the value they lost due the betrayal (pawns, psylinks, equipment). Thebetrayer could receive a title or even a psylink ban. If the betrayer gains psylinks, you get -x to your relationship with the empire.

Pokerman

I stoped playing rimworld since I have found the exploit above. Has it been fixed or corrected in any way?

ShadowTani

No, the exploit haven't been fixed, you may want to report it properly in the bug forum as it can potentially get overlooked here, and the bug forum should also cover reporting exploits.

A simple and direct solution would be that all colonists lose all honor and titles if the Fallen Empire turned hostile, but this wouldn't resolve the profitability of doing something like this if you're more interested in the psylinks than the title perks. A more universal solution is better anyway when considering mods and future content. Such an universal solution could be to introduce the concept of blood money: if a neutral or allied faction becomes hostile due to player hostility then they would act as a permahostile faction (e.g. can't improve relations) until blood money equal to the most valuable pawn in the group that got betrayed is paid (otherwise you could kill/arrest a less valuable pawn first and then stun/arrest the valuable pawn). And just so the developers are aware, the worst solution would be to increase cost to diplomatic relations, don't do that, those kinda nerfs are too cheap, lol.

LakeWobegon

Quote from: Canute on July 28, 2020, 05:18:28 AM
Solution 3: Don't allow to gain higher reputation then 0 for 1+ year once you were hostile before.
And the empire never should forgive you, so they NEVER become allied again.
That is a dangerous solution for a game that is riddled with problems. The last time that I "betrayed" my allies was when they came to try to "help" me exposing their backs to my turrets. A few seconds later the +80 geniuses that dropped inside my house as allies became enemies. On the other hand the AI is so incredibly stupid that it is way more dangerous to have them as allies than enemies. So your solution might actually be for the best. Seems good.

Pokerman

Hello again, rimworld community. I am just stepping by in hope hearing from you that the exploit explained above has been fixed. I dont play rimworld since july. This is why I ask you. How does the exploit look these days?