Zombrella?

Started by mzonk, August 04, 2020, 11:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mzonk

I'm going through Architect--Misc and was surprised to find an entity called a "Zombrella."  Looking over the information that is attached to it, I find it described only as a "humanoid shaper."

I did searches in the wiki and in these fora but nothing came up.

Anybody know what it does and how to use it?

Canute

Let me guess,
you use the mod "Character Editor" ? :-)

mzonk

OK.  I bit.  I built one.

A Zombrella is a character editor, similar to the character editor mod, though you have to have your pawn physically enter the Zombrella before the pawn can be edited.

As with the character editor mod, you cannot change a pawn's name using a Zombrella.

Yes, I use that mod, even though I find it less than fully useful (I want to change the pawns' names).

The reason I originally got character editor was so that I could add Curly Jo and Shev to Curlie, Larry and Mo.  It failed.

Do you need the character editor mod to be able to build a Zombrella?  Are there any research prerequisites?

Canute

Yes, Zombrella is from the mod and got the same effect then when you use the edit menu.
Not sure why the mod author add this.

Bozobub

Quote from: mzonk on August 04, 2020, 01:27:52 PMThe reason I originally got character editor was so that I could add Curly Jo and Shev to Curlie, Larry and Mo.  It failed.
"Shemp," if you're trying to copy the names directly 8).
Thanks, belgord!