Code error causes world generation to stop. Only works if ancient rim is removed

Started by davidstermann, August 04, 2020, 03:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidstermann

I really like the mod ancient rim and have been playing with it in the past few days, but as of now it just suddenly stopped working for me. At first I can't spawn any of the pawns and start raids from the factions via dev mode, then I tried going back to an old save, with the same mods, where I was raided by romans and still can't spawn any of the mod's pawns. Now I tried starting a new game, with one mod removed(expanded fermentation) and added(universal fermentation), and it won't generate worlds. I just read about pawnapparelgenerator at the bottom of the log. Tried sorting, doesn't work but removing ancient rim makes it work.

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/caca35bd5fa0917740bbd6401bc0935e

Canute

Hi,
when you remove Ancient rim doesn't allways mean that these mod cause the troubel, it is more that the combination of all mod's are the trouble.
Since it was working before and not anymore, some mods should got updated and now don't work well together anymore.
But it is hard/impossible to say where the problem are.

Since you want place with Ancient Rim, you should rebuild your modlist.
Activate all the libaries (harmony,hugslib,....) and Ancient rim + addons.
Try out if you can start a new world (hint: quickstart icon on top from hugslib).
Then add more mods, but not all at once.
Don't forget to check the log window, don't use mod's that throw out errors.
Btw. SpiderCamp.SpiderCampHorses got some bad entries at the about.xml maybe you should report that tothe modauthor.

Since you don't use that much mod's it shouldn't take that long.

davidstermann

thanks man, I'll do that now

Edit:
I found that character editor was somehow causing the problem. I wish there was an alternative mod that won't cause these errors.