[1.2.2723] Untargetable dirtiness

Started by StlyAu, August 15, 2020, 04:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StlyAu

I have a filthy kitchen area with sterile tile, but I can't target the filth to clean it. The pawns clean everywhere else in home zone or whatever zone they are currently set, but this area is ignored as though it's not there. I'm wondering if there is a small error as I've saved the game and reloaded yet still not able to target the filth. Playing Vanilla and most recent 1.2 update.

Canute

Hi,
screenshot or maybe a safegame would be useful.
Don't forget some items could have a negativ cleaness that made the room dirty too.

StlyAu

Save File link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x96k6caswmcg42i/Shadow%20Heretics.rws?dl=0

Screenshot link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iti08zbfgw6ug3t/UntargetFilth.png?dl=0

As you'll see in that image, everywhere else is clean, but it doesn't get that area. I have removed the sterile tile and replaced it. Same thing occurs. I was attempting to move the stove and other items there to the room to the left and remake the kitchen, but haven't finished it to check if once I expand that "meals" cooler below the stove location in image if the area becomes cleanable.

StlyAu

Moved the kitchen, still not cleaning those tiles. Removed the stockpile, still not cleaning. Removed the tiles, replaced tiles, replaced stockpile, and still not cleaning.

Canute

Just a question, you know your pawn's only clean at the homezone ? :-)
And that room is outside the homezone !
Same for the geothermal, your pawn's never would repair it if needed.

StlyAu

After logging back into that save, I saw what you referred to and it caused me to remember why that wasn't the base Home Zone. It was before I made an additional zone for the dog to stay out of that kitchen area. I must have forgotten I had done it, as I also have 2 other zones that were for groups of pawns. One for the cooks and one for everyone else to keep them out for minimal traffic. I don't care for the auto-home zone extensions, as I don't care to have the random Ambrosia (non-sowing) growing zones or claimed things like a remote ruins/siege to get home zoned.

If the Geothermal you're referring to is the northern one, that was a recent add and hadn't been included at the time of that save.

I had simply forgotten about that hole in the default home zone. Sorry for the mistake.