Mac UI Unresponsive on secondary display (Build 0.0.250)

Started by TooMuchPete, November 04, 2013, 03:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TooMuchPete

In windowed mode (Mac OSX 10.8), it appears that UI elements don't use display-relative positioning. If you move the game window onto a secondary display, the UI becomes unresponsive.

W1Z25

TooMuchPete

If the window is minimized, you cannot access the UI anyway, so I can't really test that, but maximizing has no impact.

This might be wrong but, based on the behavior, it appears that the app is drawing based on screen coordinates rather than local coordinates

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/cocoa/conceptual/CocoaDrawingGuide/Transforms/Transforms.html

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

TooMuchPete

Sorry, I should have mentioned: yes, it works like a charm on the primary. I can move it back and forth and it goes from working to not working.

Two other notes:

1. my primary display is a Retina display, so that might be a factor.

2. If I put the window partially on one display and partially on another, I can reproduce the exact point at which the UI goes unresponsive. In the title bar, when the window split moves to the right of the middle of the 'W' in "RimWorld", all of the UI elements work (even the ones that are on the secondary display). When the split is to the left of the middle of the 'W', none of the UI works -- even the UI elements on the primary display.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog