RimWorld 1.2 testing

Started by Pheanox, August 04, 2020, 02:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pheanox

Hello everyone!  We have a new patch, version 1.2, ramping up for launch!  We are hoping to launch clean and avoid hotfixes, so we are asking once again for your help. 

RimWorld's unstable branch on Steam currently houses our 1.2 build, where we hope you will give it a whirl.

Some new features in the 1.2 base game include:
•   Custom playstyle system.  Fine tune just how kind (or evil) each storyteller will be.
•   Utility gear system. The belt slot has been changed to a utility slot, psychic insanity and shock lances are now equipable items.
•   Automatic caravan setup.  Caravan screen loads food and medicine for you automatically.
•   Tribals can now smash mechanoids for material.
•   Carried drugs can be used from inventory.
•   New visual effects.
•   New sound effects.

New features in Royalty expansion:
•   New quests: shuttle defense, bandit camp assault, refugee hospitality, and crashed shuttle.
•   Bestower ceremonies for granted title (and psychic abilities that come with them).
•   Royal permit selections, with new royal permits such as call shuttle, call labor team, and call orbital strike.
•   Longer term psycasts implemented that cost psyfocus instead of generate heat.
•   New psycasts such as: Solar Pinhole, Word of Trust, Word of Love, Chunk skip, Neuroquake, and more.
•   New utility items such as the Broadshield pack, Grenadier armor, and Jump pack.
•   Enhancement to meditation focus, and new a new flame focus.
•   Inspiring speeches have a chance to grant inspirations.
•   New diseases.
•   New and reworked visual effects.
•   New sound effects.

As of this week, I am now actively monitoring the Bugs forum here.  Please post any bugs you find there; with the version of the game you are using in the title.  I look forward to working with you all while we smash some bugs.  Feel free to ask me any questions in this thread.

Modders: With the version change, it's now possible to have your mods updated to support 1.2 and 1.1 with the multi-version mod system before we release 1.2 publicly to make the transition more smooth.  Details are in modupdating.txt in the build.

If you weren't aware, we also have an official RimWorld development discord channel where you can keep up to date the unstable build changes, discuss them, and interact with the devs.  https://discord.gg/UjJxejV

I've attached a full changelog text file of all features and their explanations.

Tsunamy

Could you please add '1.2' to the RimWorld Workshop tags?

Pheanox

Quote from: Tsunamy on August 04, 2020, 07:12:54 PM
Could you please add '1.2' to the RimWorld Workshop tags?

Great catch, it should now be available as a tag in the workshop.

RawCode

custom storyteller is really nice