[1.1.2654] Two different actions, same name: "take Wake-up"

Started by BorisZ, August 04, 2020, 07:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BorisZ

Two different actions/tasks have same name.
1. When right-clicking on a pile of wake-up, while pawn selected, there is order "take Wake-up" in the menu. Here it means consume drug.
2. When pawn's drugs restrictions set to have some Wake-up in inventory and it needs to pick some to have that in inventory, that pawn automatically adds "take Wake-up" order to it's action queue. Here "take Wake-up" means "puck up and carry".

Different actions should have different names, otherwise, it is confusing. Wake-up is just an example of drug here.

Canute

So far i know there is no vanilla force action that pawn's restock their stuff at the inventory to reflect the settings at the drug policy.
They only do that automatical.
You should try it out with other drugs like beer, then you got "drink beer" but never a "take beer".

BorisZ

Yes, the action to restock drugs in inventory in vanilla is automatic. However, it's still confusing.
Because when I look at pawn with this order and that order, I don't see the difference. And there are reasons to watch for drugs, they aren't just your plain simple meals.

Perhaps, restock automatic order should use another verb. Like pick up. Or restock (in inventory).

Canute

Since there is no action/command to do so, there is no verb. for this.
You can't force him to do a pickup, that is only possible with mods.

The only thing would be to change "take" into "consume" but that is more a suggestion to avoid missinterpretation.

Pheanox