Rimworld on Android?

Started by Patrick, August 11, 2020, 01:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Im a huge fan of Rimworld and it would be amazing if i could play it on my phone. Im pretty sure some people would agree on me that this idea is pretty interesting and would take the game on the next level. I really hope that the devs make one

harpo99999

while it would be nice to have rimworld on your andriod phone, the phones just do not have enough CPU power to handle rimworld let alone enough free ram or  or spare battery capacity
do you want your phone battery to run out in a couple of hours?

Canute

I don't think the CPU power or battery would be the problem, compared to some very old mashines some Rimworld user use, even a midclass smartphone got better benchmark then these.

I see the problem more at the GUI, if you simple would port the linux version to android (which based on linux too) you would have the whole view on that small display not to speak about the input methode when you finger select half of the map at once, not very praticable.
So you would need an overhaul of the complete GUI. Maybe you need to made the gameplay more simple and then i think it isn't longer Rimworld.

blader011

I think remote play would be the answer but seeing how much variables rimworld has; it maybe choppy.