[1.2.2723 64-Bit] Visual bug.

Started by AccountMadeToReportBug, August 13, 2020, 01:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AccountMadeToReportBug

I was just watching my base and decided to hold LMB and make a box, the select box you could say.

What happened? Well i selected a ton of things and noticed an odd visual bug after a bit of trial and error of selecting things i found the cause.

So apparently if you select a medical bed in a room (i had a hospital bed) and a bedroom's bed and a vent in that bedroom the vent's area that
shows where it affects would flicker very fast between its normal visual and a medical room visual even when the game was paused.                           

theirs a short video, didn't have much time for it since the 1,000kb limit but should in theory be very easy to replicate.

Pheanox

Can you clarify what is the problem?  It looks like the normal 'room' blue border slowly pulsing against the white vent border, which is working as intended.

AccountMadeToReportBug

The non medical room has the blue and white border fluctuating.

Pheanox

What color are you expecting, normal bedrooms and barracks also have the blue outline when just that one room is selected.  The fluctuation is there to show that your vent has a white border, and the bedroom is blue, blue border. The fluctuation lets you know that you have two items that generate a border, and what each border is.  This seems to be working as intended.

Tynan

Sounds like Z-fighting between the blue field outline for the cooler and the white for the bed. A real issue, but very very low priority. Thanks for reporting!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog