Deconstruct mortars ?

Started by Andrius, July 06, 2014, 04:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrius

Hello. How do i deconstruct the mortars placed by invaders ? I killed the invaders, took all the food, but i can't destroy the mortars or sand bags...

Hmm, i can still shoot it, but i don't really want to do that because explosions cause fires...

flesh_god

I think you can't but would be good to have metal for deconstructing enemy mortars...

muffins

Build blasting charges next to them, then detonate them. Mortars give a lot of metal :D

HatesYourFace

I just send a couple of guys out to shoot them till they explode, the fires will go out on there own and shouldn't really be a problem unless it's really close to your base...which is unlikely. Loot all the Armor/Guns, Dispose of the bodies, then demolish the turrets with gunfire/grenades. Done deal.

Quote from: muffins on August 08, 2014, 11:08:49 AM
Build blasting charges next to them, then detonate them. Mortars give a lot of metal :D

Blasting charges are a mod, not really a viable solution since many people don't play with them enabled. (Not to mention the actual Blasting charges description in game recommends against using them as they aren't balanced lol.)
If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com

Neurotoxin

Quote from: HatesYourFace on August 08, 2014, 01:31:01 PM
Blasting charges are a mod, not really a viable solution since many people don't play with them enabled. (Not to mention the actual Blasting charges description in game recommends against using them as they aren't balanced lol.)

And, they cost metal to make whereas bullets are free.

Tynan

You'll be able to claim abandoned enemy mortars in alpha6.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

HatesYourFace

Quote from: Tynan on August 08, 2014, 03:06:25 PM
You'll be able to claim abandoned enemy mortars in alpha6.

Once "claimed" will we be able to order our colonists to deconstruct them? Or does claiming them only allow our colonists to operate them? Mortars sitting on the other side of the map don't sound terribly useful! (No offense lol.)
If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com

Tynan

Once you claim something, it is exactly as though you'd built it yourself. This helps integrate enemy mortars or sandbags or found ruins into your base.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

HatesYourFace

Quote from: Tynan on August 08, 2014, 04:36:07 PM
Once you claim something, it is exactly as though you'd built it yourself. This helps integrate enemy mortars or sandbags or found ruins into your base.

Awesome! Thanks for the answer.

bobucles

Quote from: Tynan on August 08, 2014, 04:36:07 PM
Neat! I'll be sure to claim the turrets before the enemy even fires them. That'll put a quick end to the siege. ;)