[WIP] [A12d] More Traps

Started by Shackleberry, June 27, 2015, 11:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shackleberry

More Traps

Description:
Currently a simple mod to expand on the default traps. The intent is to create more interesting traps which will provide creative solutions to defending your colony.

Arrow Trap
A small arrow slit. When the victim disturbs the trigger, an arrow is fired at the target.

Arrow Trap (Anesthetic)
A small arrow slit. When the victim disturbs the trigger, an arrow is fired at the target. The arrow is coated in an anesthetic.

Arrow Trap (Toxic)
A small arrow slit. When the victim disturbs the trigger, an arrow is fired at the target. The arrow is coated in a toxic venom.

Fire Pit
A covered pit full of flammable pitch. When the victim disturbs the trigger, the pitch ignites and spreads flame to the victim and the surrounding area.

Pit Fall
A deep covered pit. When the victim disturbs the trigger, the floor below collapses and drops the victim into the pit.

Spike Trap
A covered pit full of sharpened spikes. When the victim disturbs the trigger, the floor below collapses and drops the victim onto the spikes.

Author/Mod Team
Shackleberry

Download
https://github.com/RShackleton/RimWorld-MoreTraps/archive/master.zip

Source
https://github.com/RShackleton/RimWorld-MoreTraps

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place the "MoreTraps" folder in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Mod Art
Would appreciate if anyone wants to get involved and create the art for the traps, I am certainly more of a developer than an artist.

rsof69

I can make some thing like this

akiceabear

I like the idea, but when I enabled the mod I didn't see any new options to build or research these new traps - even in god mode. Any advice on how to get these things on the ground?

Shackleberry

Quote from: akiceabear on June 27, 2015, 09:07:47 PM
I like the idea, but when I enabled the mod I didn't see any new options to build or research these new traps - even in god mode. Any advice on how to get these things on the ground?

The traps are should be available immediately while I'm developing the mod. They are found under the Security category but they also have no art at the moment.

Florius

You know, the disadvantage of traps is that colonists can activate them. (at least the steel traps, after that I just stopped using them). So if that can be fixed I am glad to give it a try.

FridayBiology

any idea if you'll be updating for Alpha 12?

Also, what about a rock fall trap? pass-ible though after a moment or two spawns rock chunk and causes blunt damage to anyone on the tile?
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Shackleberry

Quote from: Florius on August 21, 2015, 03:28:18 AM
You know, the disadvantage of traps is that colonists can activate them. (at least the steel traps, after that I just stopped using them). So if that can be fixed I am glad to give it a try.

Indeed, the game does dissuade colonists from travelling through traps but they will route through them if they need to. I am intending on creating some "smart" traps later which will differentiate between friendlies and non-friendlies.

Shackleberry

Quote from: Feirfec on August 23, 2015, 05:48:44 AM
any idea if you'll be updating for Alpha 12?

Also, what about a rock fall trap? pass-ible though after a moment or two spawns rock chunk and causes blunt damage to anyone on the tile?

I have updated the mod to work with A12d and added a new arrow trap which includes an area trigger. I'll take the rock fall trap into account, thanks for the idea. :)

Shackleberry

Updated:

Added Arrow trap
Added Arrow (Anesthetic) trap
Added Arrow (Toxic) trap

These traps have a trigger of 5 cells in front of the trap. The anesthetic trap can put targets into a helpless sleep and the toxic trap will cause the toxic buildup status from the toxic fallout event.

Defection

There was a mod (can't remember the name :( ... ) and there were electrical shock plates, when someone walk over them they got damage by electricity. Maybe create  something like that? :)  Sorry for bad english