Refugees with murderous rage failing quest when arrested

Started by Hopesedge, August 23, 2020, 05:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopesedge

Had a refugee I was giving shelter to have a murderous rage mental break, naturally I sent someone over to arrest them so they wouldn't kill my colonist but that failed the quest and made the rest hostile.

I don't think arresting refugees should be grounds to fail the quest, perhaps recruiting one after arresting them or killing one would be a good reason, but arresting someone is a pretty normal thing to do, especially when they're trying to kill one of my other colonists.

joshua996124

a way to circumvent this is to use psyshock lances. it doesn't seem to trigger quest failure when you do that

Hopesedge

I have a colonist with the Wallraise ability, so for the last time something similar happened I had them barricade the person inbetween to raised walls and then I sent my other colonist to a safe-room and walled them in so the murderer couldn't get to them.

Pheanox

Arresting a pawn causing trouble is a normal thing to do as a player of RimWorld to your own colonists.  Arresting a guest because they are causing problems, however, is a hostile action against that faction and working as intended.