Renouncing titles would prevent permits when the colonist is promoted again

Started by joshua996124, August 19, 2020, 06:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshua996124

rimworld 1.2.2723

basically what's happening is, i promoted the colonist, mandril, in the empire once before to gain psylevels. after promotion, i promptly renounced my title to keep the psylevels, but i did this before being able to give him permit assignments as a count in the empire.

after a while i wanted to gain royal permits too for the said colonist (since he was ascetic), so i re-promoted him again (via the royal tribute collector). i gained the title after the ritual, but i didn't get permit points this time.

shouln't there be a way to get permits whenever a colonist is promoted/ re-promoted ?

here's the save file
https://filebin.net/abxkmz9vtbpmmprz

if you look at the colonist mandril, he also at times becomes randomly hostile to the empire of caslo, despite me being allied to the empire

Pheanox

I am unable to repro this in the current unstable build.  Would you mind going on to the unstable branch and seeing if the bug remains? (remove title again and re-add honor with the dev console)

joshua996124

hello thanks for replying, and noticing this report!
here's a vid still rimworld 1.2.2723
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP13I170s_c&feature=youtu.be

ill narrate how it occurs.

-- i have a colonist veggi which will serve as a guinea pig
-- using dev tools i gave him honor to initiate the bestower event to gain psylinks and the title up to count level
-- i then do the ritual and now veggi is a count
-- I then renounce veggi's title WITHOUT ever touching the permits. you will see in the vid that after initial promotion veggi has the standard permit points for his title at 5 permit points (being a count).
-- i then use dev tools again to give the sufficient honor to regain count status and redo a bestowing ceremony.
-- i do the bestowing ceremony, but this time, even though the pawn, veggi, has been re-promoted, he is unable to regain the unused permit points.

this is the exact case i had for the colonist mandril.

Pheanox

This is exactly what I did and it worked.  You are saying you are on 1.2723, I am testing on the Unstable branch which is version 1.2733.  Are you on Steam?  If so you can access the unstable build by right clicking on RimWorld, Properties, go to the Betas tap, and opt in to the 'unstable-public testing' branch.  Let me know if you can get the bug there, as I did those exact steps yesterday and was unable to get this problem to happen, it may already be fixed in Unstable.

Pheanox