No usable food for training

Started by zaikman, August 21, 2020, 07:03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaikman

In one save, I get the "no usable food" indication even though kibble is available. Forcing the handler pick up kibble makes it so he goes to train but not before I manually tell him to pick it up.

With another save (exact same modlist) on a fresh landing with the same animal and spawned in kibble, the handler trains just fine automatically.

Anyone have any idea what can cause this?

Canute

Hi,
when i read "exact save modlist", does you use a mod that allow food policy for animals ?
And does you maybe disallow kibble for your animals (so they go out and eat grass instead of the kibble).
But since you use mods you should maybe try to reproduce the problem at a plain vanilla gameplay first or be relativ sure it is a vanilla problem.

But you can try to upload a safegame somewhere and post the link here, so someone with steam access can take a look.

zaikman

I'm not using any mod that modifies food policies for animals. It doesn't seem to happen without mods. I'm using only animal logic, kill for me and grazing lands for mods that affect animals. Here is a copy of my save where the problem occurs: https://easyupload.io/wm224i

I am using a lot of hauling mods but I used them in the past with no similar problems. This is completely brand new for me

EDIT: It actually happens in vanilla too. With only Edb prepare carefully installed I could reproduce this. I landed with a few different stacks of kibble. Only some stacks of kibble could be used to train the animal automatically. When I merged the stacks that weren't working in a stockpile zone then it worked as usual. Is there some sort of minimum amount of kibble needed for a handler to even attempt training? In this case it needed 44 kibble. But in my save where the problem first arose I had a stack of 50 kibble so I don't know.

UltimateTobi

Quote from: zaikman on August 21, 2020, 10:02:37 AMEDIT: It actually happens in vanilla too. With only Edb prepare carefully installed I could reproduce this.
That is not vanilla.
Your generic Steam user.

Pheanox

Please upload your save with your repro steps, I am unable to repro this bug.  Also, what version are you using, the stable 1.2723?  Or are you on Unstable?

Canute

QuoteIs there some sort of minimum amount of kibble needed for a handler to even attempt training?
Yes, there is a min. amount of food needed for training or taming.
I am unsure how much and i think it depend on the animal, elephant might need more food then cat for a training season.
But with just 1-2 kibble you can't train any animal.

zaikman

Here is the save where this happens https://easyupload.io/b5c9nj

This is the save with the full modlist

Pheanox