Pawns Changing Gear Constantly

Started by Seohn, August 21, 2020, 06:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seohn

Rinworld Bug

Has anyone else ever had the issue where their pawns would change into better armor constantly. I noticed after A couple hours my pawns started equipping armor thats only 1% better than what they were wearing. So literally if you had two pieces of armor that were identical at 100%. When one dropped 99% they well then go and put the other armor on that's 100%. And then when it dropped to 98%. They would put on the armor that's at 99%. That's wasting a significant amount of time changing armor.

I'm uncertain if this is related to a particular mod or the recent 1.2 update or some other mod. Before the updates They would only change armor once it hit the assigned a threshold in the assignments. (Usually I set normal quality with a 50% to 100% to avoid tattered gear.)

It was fine before only changing armor after it went down below 50%. And then selecting the highest quality gear automatically and not changing again until it hit the 50% threshold. But now with it changing every time it drops below 1% of another piece. Your pawn wastes a lot of time literally hours of every game day walking and swapping armor.

Ynemo

I have same problem, pawns loop changing clothes.

And there is reddit discussion about this problem https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/id2uxr/pawns_constantly_changing_clothing/

Seohn

I%u2019m trying to duplicate the bug as well. The only MOD that I disabled upon starting a new game to see if I could replicate the problem was %u201CBetter Pawn Control%u201D. However I%u2019m not convinced that this is the MOD that%u2019s causing the problem. Because on the other game save that first experienced the problem. It didn%u2019t start right away. It started after several in game days.

I think the reason why it%u2019s difficult to replicate the issue is either because the save was corrupted. Or whatever bug is causing it doesn%u2019t take affect until something specific changes after a certain amount of time. 
(Was able to replicate the bug details in post below)

Also upon further testing it no longer seems to change to armor that%u2019s one percent better than what they were wearing. It seems to just pick a random piece of armor to change in to. And it changes armor several times in a row. Then stops for a couple minutes then changes again. Sometimes it%u2019ll get stuck in a loop changing immediately after it changed.

ShadowTani

Quote from: Seohn on August 22, 2020, 02:17:26 PM
I'm trying to duplicate the bug as well. The only MOD that I disabled upon starting a new game to see if I could replicate the problem was "Better Pawn Control". However I'm not convinced that this is the MOD that's causing the problem. Because on the other game save that first experienced the problem.

Can confirm it's not due to a mod, I'm playing vanilla and have noticed this issue as well.

Seohn

I was able to replicate the bug finally. Im not sure what mod if any it is causing it. But the bug starts exactly when it turns to Fall. 1st Septober.

I started a new game save everything was going perfect. The starting season was at the Auto. It went through Spring and into Summer. Not once did they change armor. But the moment it turned to Fall Season that is when my pawns started changing armor constantly.

I know for a fact that this is when it starts. Because I loaded a game save that was a day before the Fall Season started. I was watching for it to happen again as I played my new game save. Literally the moment it switched to the Fall Season my pawns walked over and changed armor. And kept changing armor every 20 seconds or so. Pretty much after every task they would change armor again. Sometimes literally right after they just changed.

And I was wrong they are not changing when the armor is one percent lower than another piece of armor. It seems to be random armor they pick regardless of quality and wear.

The bug is so detrimental to gameplay you cant even play the game once it starts doing it. Because your pawns waste all of their time changing armor. You would have to micromanage every little thing they do in order to be able to play the game otherwise they just wanna walk over and change armor rather than build or farm or any other task you need done.

Ynemo

I am not sure, but looks like i got this bug at the beginning of spring.
Looks like it is somehow related to changing temperature, and probably pawns try to change gear according to temperature.

Pheanox

Do any of you have any saves where this bug is present?  I am going to need to reproduce this separately otherwise.

adherry

Here is one, it requires some mods to run, but if you start unforbidding gear it will start after a while that one of the Colonists runs into the stockpile to swap parkas or Tuques for a bit. https://files.adherry.de/Terentum.rws

For the modlist, if you want it quick just sub to this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1911421812

If someone uploads it in vanilla you probably would like that more, but still, better than nothing I guess.

Ynemo

This bug exists even on unstable version.
And pawns change armor too, i was hoping they try to fit better clothes for weather, but no.

Demiurge11

Quote from: Seohn on August 23, 2020, 01:25:25 AM
The bug is so detrimental to gameplay you cant even play the game once it starts doing it. Because your pawns waste all of their time changing armor. You would have to micromanage every little thing they do in order to be able to play the game otherwise they just wanna walk over and change armor rather than build or farm or any other task you need done.

Hi Seohn,

I'm also experiencing the bug in v1.2. My colonist living on an ice sheet (winter temperature of like -60 C) kept changing out of her warm Chameleon Wool parka and putting on a crappy birdskin parka instead that wasn't warm enough. I solved this by forcing the colonist to wear the specific item she was supposed to wear. It's not ideal, but it worked to stop the constant clothing change.

Did this not work for you?  I suppose that it's not a good solution if you have dozens of colonists.

Sincerely,

--Jonathan

Canute

QuoteChameleon Wool parka and putting on a crappy birdskin parka
Higher armor rating is over temperature and wool got very bad armor rating.
These behavior is nothing new.

opkier

I too am encountering this problem.  It first started with 2 pawns spending most of the day swapping gear in and out, then it spread to others.  Forbidding all gear alleviated this, but micro managing ~20 pawns worth of gear is a bit of a hassle.

https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/890703/IQ%20Import%20and%20Export%20Global%20Inc%20(Permadeath).rws

Pheanox

I'm not really looking to give my email address to file hosting sites.  Would you mind uploading this on the discord server: https://discord.gg/ZSVhbdp

Zip it and post it in Bug Reports and tag me @pheanox.

Pheanox

We think we may have solved this, if any of you want to test to see if you are still having this problem.

FuzzyFiend

I played my bugged save for three ingame days and the issue has not returned, so it seems like it's fixed on my end. Thanks! :D