[1.2.2723] Pawns meditate in bed during long-term diseases

Started by 82ab53e4, August 22, 2020, 09:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

82ab53e4

As i understand, there is mechanic that makes pawns meditate in bed instead of usual way if they have diseases/injures. Problem is that this mechanic is enabled even during diseases like Fibrous Mechanites, or during normal diseases/injures with "bed rest" job disabled, which prevents efficient meditation unnecessarily.

Mr_Fission

Interesting.  When they meditate, does it restore psyfocus?  Are they meditating because they're scheduled to meditate, or are they just doing solitary recreation?

There is another bug related to illnesses in v1.2, which entirely prevents pawns from meditating at all.  I'd be interested to learn whether the meditation you're seeing is for recreation or psyfocus purposes, given that normal meditation doesn't work right now with sick pawns.

82ab53e4

It restores psyfocus. It is actual meditation, not solitary recreation. Problem is though that meditating in bed is less effective and quite inconstant: they remain in bed after sleeping for meditating for a while, but do not aim to restore psyfocus to desired value, so my psycaster with fibrous mechanies/similar is less prepared for battles.

Pheanox

I am unable to reproduce this in the current unstable build, would you mind going in to the unstable branch (If you have steam) to see if you still have this problem?  And if so, give me the reproduction steps.

To go to the unstable branch of RimWorld, right click on the game, go to properties, then the betas tab, and opt in to the Unstable-Public testing build.

82ab53e4

No steam. But i guess it is fixed already, if it can't be reproduced in unstable.

Pheanox

No problem, thanks for the response.  I did have my pawns going to their appropriate thrones rather than just staying in bed.  If the bug continues when your game updates, let me know.