Save corruption, blocked on world map with no way to zoom in my Colony

Started by El_Famoso_Boufi, August 24, 2020, 08:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El_Famoso_Boufi

(Non-English, no fluent)
So, I decided to post, because it has wrecked 4 or 5 of my runs, so it kinda pisses me off.
I play with a lot of mods, ~120, and at one point, after some hours in a run, this happen when I load my save (1st Screenshot).
And I'm blocked on this screen, and the buttons to zoom in my colony, or anything else, are gone, disappeared.
Also, I found that a copy of my same save, just hours before, was way heavier than the crashed one (2nd screenshot).
So, if anybody can help me, that would be great, because at this point i have to make copy of my save file every hour.
Thanks for reading.

Canute

Hi,
when button or other parts of the UI disappear it is mosttimes a repeating error.
But since you didn't post any logfile (player.log or CTRL-F12 if you use hugslib too)  it is impossible to say more.

It is important that you don't have error's at the logwindow (you need to turn on developer mode at the option, then the top left icon open the log window).
When you activate mod's you should do that at small batches, so you notice early when a mod throw out errors.
Maybe it is just a missing required mod.
Beside that you should look at the mod discussion if something is known about it or ask there about it.
Basicly any error increase the chance that you could encounter a critical error later. And error during gameplay are much harder to identify the mod which cause it.

El_Famoso_Boufi

Hi ! Thanks for your reply !
Here's the log, and it confuses me if it's a missing mod, cause I searched quite hard to find all to compatibility mods and all (CE is a incompatible bug nest), and i was pretty proud because the logs on start didn't show any major error, at least that's what i saw, I'm not good with technical issues.

RawCode

provided log does not have records related to issue you described.

you should load game and try to reproduce issue, then close game from task manager (because you have permanent mode and saving messup with log)

it's recommended to delete existing log before doing this.

also try to remove
UnlimitedHugs.AllowTool
and
roolo.whatthehack

El_Famoso_Boufi

Well, the issue shows when i load my game, so there will always be a save before no ?

RawCode

A) You run fresh game, load save, it cause issue.
B) You run fresh game, load save, play, load other save, it cause issue.

In first case, follow described steps.
In second case, it's faster and more simple to reload game completely and just play.

and no, game does not trigger save before load.