Easy request: looking for a good map that 50% or more coverage

Started by HandsomeCamel, August 26, 2020, 11:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandsomeCamel

First I'm really sorry for posting here instead of r/RimWorldSeeds , I'm posting here because it seems that subreddit doesn't have many people in these days

I have just started playing this week and I like this game a lot, I like the map of my first game

but after that, I changed the map 3 times in the middle of the game because the maps are so bad

I'm just looking for a well balanced one in general.

Thank you for the reply

To be honest I don't know much about maps because I'm new

I liked the first map because it was balanced expect it was very open and enemies can come from every side and that why I lost.

- I don't mind to have rain but not a lot

- A safe area where I'm surrounded by mountains or at least from one direction or maybe a river is enough

- I like to see the season change like there is a time in the year which the weather becomes cold so it won't be boring like my last map which was hot all the time.

- I don't know much about materials because I have only used wood so I don't care much about it right now

Bozobub

Try any tile with Boreal Forest in mountainous terrain, on any map.
Thanks, belgord!

Canute

Basicly it doesn't matter much what terrain you start, so long it isn't any extrem enviroment.

Many like to made mountainous base, so raider only can come from one side. But at the beginning you still need to have fields outside and raiders will set these on fire.
And under mountain insect's can come out of the ground direct inside your base.

Rimworld is dangerous, not only about raiders , manhunting animals too.
So an open colony design is not a good idea.
Better made a fortress, with 1-2 fixed entrance. So you can grow inside wall's and you animals have a potential safe retreat area.
But don't forget such outside bases are vulerable against Siege attacks when the attacker fire mortar's. Only thick roof like under a mountain protect against these.

RicRider

If you're into using mods then I highly recommend the one called Map Reroll. Instead of getting onto a map only to find out you have to start the whole colony creation process again, it simply lets you reroll the map once you are there.

Also highly recommended is the Prepare Landing mod. You can use it to set parameters to search a world you created for a specific tile (Boreal Forest, small hills, growing time, etc.).

The two mods together make finding that perfect colony spot super easy!
##Coding Scrub##

tsmt1001