[1.2.2723] Rescued guest leaves base naked when it's -50 C outside

Started by Demiurge11, August 27, 2020, 10:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demiurge11

Hi all,

I <3 this game (I'm at well over 500 hours played), but encountered a situation so weird I can only flag it as a bug. I saw someone else post this, but it looked like the thread was closed.

1. My base is on an ice sheet. A pod crash event occurred and I rescued the victim--who was naked.

2. After recovery, the rescue simply left and walked out the door when it was -50 C outside. I had no way to provide them with clothing. They fell unconscious half-way to the edge of the map.

3. There is an easy fix here: allow me to trade with ALL rescues (put that question mark above their head). Then, if I want, I can gift them a parka or something. :D

4. To reproduce: build an ice sheet base, spawn a pod crash event, strip the victim's clothing before fixing them up, wait for them to heal, and then watch them commit suicide (my care wasn't that bad, was it?)

Thanks for making such a fun game,

--Jonathan

82ab53e4

Another possible fix, is making them run rather walk. Saving people in extreme temperatures can be quite hopeless just because they walk away rather run away.

Canute

Normaly there is a high chance for these rescued guest that they join your colony when the outside isn't comfortable for them (temperature,toxic fallout).

So either these chance is broken or you just was unlucky, you have should rescue him again.
Or build a hospital at the map border so he can survive the walk to the exit ! :-)

Demiurge11

I've heard others suggest the field hospital near the edge of the map as a workaround, but this seems to me like a ludicrous solution. I just solved the problem with the Dev Mode. I destroyed a parka from my storage, added it to the rescue, and narrated the conversation.

I think the game could handle this in a more organic way, though. Some normal reactions for the naked rescue would be:

• If depressive, a tortured artist or a nudist, leaves the place naked
  • If very polite/kind, asks nicely for some clothes, leaves naked if you don't give them
  • Demands some clothes, and has a mental break if you don't give them (e.g. ranging anywhere from sulking for a while before asking again, stealing the clothes, all the way up to berserk rage)
  • If psychopathic or brawler, just steals some clothes (and probably a weapon too) and leaves

Anyway, those are my 2 cents.

Pheanox

Thank you for the report, this isn't necessarily a bug but could be worth looking at.