Pink square error on megaspiders

Started by Eichkater, August 28, 2020, 10:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eichkater

Hello,

I have an issue with my current modpack. Rotten megaspiders are having somekind of texture issue as they become a pink square as soon as they rot. I thought that the issue lies with either Better infestations 1.2 or Vanilla Factions Expanded: Insectoids, but after some trial and error as well as inquiries with the modmaker it is another issue.

I tried activating, deactivating mods until I figuered out that maybe "Pawnmorpher" is the issue but I can run all three mods, thus Pawnmorpher, Insectoids and Better infestations together without getting the issue. So it must be some mod interaction maybe? I have activated/deactivated and restarted  abunch of times but still I have no clue how to identify the reason for the issue via the log so maybe somebody with a better eye and more experience with the game, might.

Here is my log: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/1edbe9deb04aaa656d6aba51e3b66556

Canute

Hi,
QuoteTried to get a resource "Things/Pawn/Animal/Megaspider/MegaspiderPack_north" from a different thread. All resources must be loaded in the main thread.
to bad the error don't show the modname.
So if you maybe know what mod add/modify insects/hive you should check if that mod have inside
the folder 1.2/defs/Things/Pawn/Animal/ an Megaspider entry.
If you found that, then you found the mod, and should report it to the mod author so he can fix/update the texture path.

Eichkater

Hey Canute,

Thx for replying. I tried for the last couple of hours activating/deactivating mods and testing. I think I might have found the issue with a race mod. Namely, the Mantis race mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2025343753

When deactivating this mod there is no red error (which already shows up on start-up and not only when an actual megaspider dies and rots; I forgot to mention that).

What do you think? Is that possible? I don't see (from a layman's perspective) how a racemod would alter the insects. I reported the issue on the modpage before I saw that you`ve replied.

I did not really get the part with the folder. I can't find the folder you are refering to. Can you give me a hint where to exactly look? Thanks!

Canute

If you use windows, just open the Mods folder with the windows file explorer, then enter "MegaspiderPack" at the searchfield and check if you got some results.
That should point you at the mod.

Eichkater

Okay, I got it. It is indead the Mantis racemod that uses it, so after it all it has to be it. Thanks (again!) for your help!