[1.2.2723] Colonists shoot prisoners regardless of combat stance

Started by Mr_Fission, August 26, 2020, 09:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Fission

Pretty straightforward one here.  When prisoners initiate a prison break or have a berserk mental break, colonists will always shoot at them the moment they have a clear shot, regardless of the combat stance they are currently in.

Honestly, there should be an option to disable deadly force against prisoners under all circumstances, where colonists would prefer less-lethal hand-to-hand to subdue berserk prisoners or prison breaks.  But barring that, if a colonist is set to the "Ignore" combat stance, they should not react to hostile prisoners whatsoever.

Happy to provide savegame file to any mod who wants it.

Canute

On ignore and flee, they shouldn't engage any hostile.
So when you pawn's engage them, then there is something wrong at your side.
You should attach the logfile and a link to your safegame.
But only if you don't use mods or 100% sure none of these mods change that.

About "disable deadly force" that is your thing ! Vanilla gameplay don't support any weapon change, so you need to let the pawn drop their weapons when they are at home to you fist or equip some steel clubs/mace.

Pheanox

Agreed, if your pawns are always attacking, instead of 'ignore' and 'flee' as their stance indicates that is a bug to investigate.

If its a gameplay feature request, that's fine too just want to make sure I understand which direction you are going here.

Mr_Fission

My apologies, this is the bugs forum, so please ignore the suggestion I made.

Yes, my reason for posting was that my colonists are attacking prisoners when their stance is set to ignore.  I'll shoot the savegame your way in a PM.

Pheanox

Just got around to checking this out.  I see that in your save your pawns are all drafted, this definitely puts them in an auto-hostile stance.  The intention there is that they should fire at will at targets unless specified otherwise.  I can mark this as a feature request, however.