How do you make a pawn spawn inside the Ancient Shrines or "ancient dangers"

Started by cashkyle25, August 29, 2020, 09:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashkyle25

I made a few pawns that somehow spawn inside it. I went off of the code the mechanoids use to make their pawns, however, I changed it so that my pawns aren't in the mechanoid faction. Yet, the pawns I made still spawn in Ancient Shrines. I don't know what line of code allows this, but It's something in the race of my pawns. I used the PawnDefKind with the human race and it prevented my pawns from spawning in the Ancient temple. I don't know what is making my pawns to be considered with the mechanoids. I'm hoping that you know that fix to this.  Thanks for the help in advance!
IFeedPigsBacon

RawCode

proper way to solve issue is digging into RW sources and reading how exactly ancient dangers are generated and what condition(s) are used to select defs.

not proper way is changing random values as long as needed for acceptable outcome.

cashkyle25

Yup, you're right. I looked up mechanoid in ILSpy to look at what makes a mechanoid, and it's the line of code that defines the fleshtype of the pawn. I tried everything but that, but listening to your advice I was able to figure it out in a minute. Cheers man!

For anyone who is looking at this post, Having the fleshtype as "Insectoid" or "Mechanoid" will make that pawn spawn inside the Ancient Shrines. Having the fleshtype as "Normal" will do the vice versa.
IFeedPigsBacon