Shuttle transport isnt obvious to use

Started by Alenerel, August 30, 2020, 06:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alenerel

I wanted to go to a stash of items with a transport. Arrived, looted and wanted to get back... But Im not sure if its possible, or if I just couldnt do it. I reformed caravan but every time I clicked on the transport option in the map, it asked to "form a caravan" in my home map, far away.

Im not sure if I can do 2 trips, but if I cant, thats a suggestion... A round trip with the shuttle would be ideal.

ShadowTani

Yeah, it seems you can't load items onto a transporter, only people, so the only thing you can take with you back are the things your colonists are able to pick up and carry within their own weight capacity before they are loaded back into the transporter (so yes, unlike pod launchers the shuttle transports already allow for round trips, but you have to interact with the shuttle and not the world map).

I was confused as well the first time I used the transporter because when the quest says looting base is part of the reward I was expecting I could break down the enemy outpost for some extra iron and stone which I could load up on the transport and take with me, lol. You still can grab a bit of iron and stone that way, but colonists have limited weight capacity compared to pack animals, especially if they're heavily armored to begin with so it's not very convenient at the moment, but it does mean animal caravans won't become obsolete at least. The transports usefulness are limited to quick raids and loot & grab trips early on, but you can do pretty major looting later on though when combined with two farskip casters.

These quests actually pointing out that the loot is limited to what you can pick up would minimize first time confusion. And giving us a backpack utility that increase a colonists weight capacity would help a lot in general. When you've arrived to a map location with a transporter it would also be convenient with a button for "reboard and return with transport" among the world map options in addition to the reform caravan button to both prevent confusion and speed up the process.

Alenerel

How can you load items withou using a mod? I use pick up an haul mod, but without his, I couldnt loot anything, even if its part of the "reward".

This is mostly for the attack missions, where you get transported. You cannot loot anything without a mod.