Bestowing ceremony of Baron

Started by Alenerel, August 31, 2020, 02:40:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alenerel

When you get enough honor you immediately get a quest to get the next title that expires in 10 days. The problem with this is that Baron title is the first title that requires all fine floored throne... And thats isnt either cheap or fast. 10 days isnt usually enough and Im afraid that 20 isnt either.

I know I can just wait for the next quest, but most of gameplays and most of players will have this problem of having to wait for the 2nd quest.

ShadowTani

I tend to build my throne room with fine floors from the go personally, just use walls to cut the room into a smaller size in the beginning (compared to the planned full size) and it's not terribly expensive (unless you build separate thronerooms for each noble). The quest seems to repeat rather fast though, so I don't see the problem with waiting a few days. By the time you get a colonist to Baron you should also had a lot of time to plan ahead.

Either way, the quest spam does annoy me whenever it does happen though due to priorities (for example reasonable wood reserves to keep braziers fueled isn't immediately achieved in certain biomes) so I wouldn't mind it having a longer timer just to cut down on that spam.

Actually I wouldn't mind having to contact the faction myself and ask for a bestower personally after the quest times out instead of it repeating. Though that would also require an alternative option for those who don't rush the com console early, like having to ask the tribute collector or something like that.