Caravan should have separate food restriction.

Started by khun_poo, September 14, 2020, 02:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khun_poo

I noticed that if the colony rely on using Nutrient Paste Dispenser as main food source. The restriction should disable most of the other meal because colonist would prefer those over green goo.

However, Nutrient paste meal is not a good choice for caravan. So, whenever caravan is form, colonist on the road would starving even with a ton of Pemmican or Package Survival Meal in their inventory.

parasocks

I make my own food restriction called Caravan and then tediously add it to each pawn that's going...

I think Caravan should be a default food type, and if someone is on a Caravan it automatically sets them to it.

There should also be a Caravan stockpile zone, and anything stored in the zone is automatically pre-loaded for caravans (but can be removed manually)

Bedrolls, a table, stools, 100 wood, etc.

Canute

QuoteThere should also be a Caravan stockpile zone, and anything stored in the zone is automatically pre-loaded for caravans (but can be removed manually)
Believe me you wouldn't like it at this way.
1 zone for all these things.
Then your pawn will haul all the minified bedrolls on it, and then the next caravan is just 2 pawns.
Just as example.

Alenerel

Caravan food, or travel food... But what I really care is that pawns should be auto set to that policy automatically when they go into caravan, because if you forget it before they leave its very tedious go clicking in their info tabs and switching policies.

RicRider

I gave up on using food restrictions; I don't even use the feature any more though I guess if you're torturing yourself with nobles from Royalty DLC then you'll need to figure out a way to make them work. It's tedious as hell for sure. I just grow more food than I need, cook more than I need and basically spend the first year of every colony amassing food in different buildings so they can eat whatever the hell they want and I don't need to look at them eating.
##Coding Scrub##