Allow override of enforced slowdown

Started by Mr_Fission, September 01, 2020, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Fission

I have a simple suggestion that I don't think would hurt anyone if implemented.

At certain times, Rimworld enforces a 1x speed modifier on events.  Usually this is done around combat.  I would like to be able to override that enforced slowdown by pressing "2" or "3" on the keyboard to select a higher game speed.

My logic is that if I have enough time to assess the reason for the slowdown, deal with it, and I feel it's suitable to return to full speed, then the game shouldn't stand in my way.

For people who like the current system, they are free to simply not hit "2" or "3" and nothing will change for them from the current setup.

This enforced slowdown is a huge nuisance to me, and this would be a really wonderful quality of life improvement.

Canute

Smart Speed
- Allows you to set Event speed multiplier by right clicking the speed arrows. Event speed multiplier defines at which speed the game should run when an event happens. The vanilla game locks you at normal speed during hostile events (eg. combat)

RicRider

I don't think anyone has figured out how to do this. None of the mods available do anything like it says on the box - they're supposed to ovverride the forced slowdown but they don't actually do anything just take up a mod slot for nothing but hopium.
##Coding Scrub##

LWM

TD's Enhancement Pack lets you Shift-Click to set a speed despite the lock at normal speed.

RicRider

Quote from: LWM on September 26, 2020, 11:09:38 PM
TD's Enhancement Pack lets you Shift-Click to set a speed despite the lock at normal speed.

Man that mod has so many good options. I didn't even see that one until you pointed it out. Can't wait to try it in the next battle. Hope it works!
##Coding Scrub##