[mod request] Default Off "Automatically Select Food and Medicine" for Caravans

Started by shadowstitch, September 03, 2020, 08:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowstitch

As topic, I'd like to see the "Automatically Select Food and Medicine" option in the Caravan Formation dialogue to be unselected by default. It's really annoying to have to go into the food and medicine tab every time, uncheck the box, and remove all the auto junk before setting up exactly what I want to take.

No, you're not taking half the hay, glitterworld medicine, and packaged survival meals with you when we have 500 perfectly good pemmican slowly rotting in the shed.

I would MUCH rather prefer the option to auto-fill food and meds be disabled by default, and have the toggle to ON be the option, instead of vice versa. I've seen other people complaining/commenting about it, but no one seems to have a solution yet, other than to just do it manually every time. I can't see any easy way to change it myself, and I'm not nearly versed enough in Rimworld core code to alter that kind of functionality.

ThatDudeOverThere

Did you ever find a mod that does this? I would love to get one. If I forget to toggle that option and I add a pawn to my caravan then it freezes the game.

shadowstitch

Sadly I did not. But it hasn't been very long since I posted.
Nevertheless, I suspect I'll have to relegate this one to the pile of poor game design choices that never get addressed.

Canute