[Mod help] looking for 1.2 versions of certain mods

Started by LiteEmUp, September 09, 2020, 04:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiteEmUp

either as someone who is working on it or a 1.2 alternate replacement found on either steam workshop or here..

heck if i know how to port a mod to 1.2, i would do it myself...

Antiqua
Bonsaiplus
No disturbed sleep
Shared bedroom
Titanium+
Turret collection
Increased dodge chance
Jtweranimals
Jtsavageprisoners
Jthomemadebionics
Limited blight
Megafauna
Legs! (or mods that shows legs and arms)
Starship troopers arachnid v5.0 (a lot of walkingproblem's mods needs update to 1.2.. just so many good mods not being updated anymore)
Industrial age – objects and furniture (a lot of jecrell's mods outdated; there is an unofficial updated jecrell tools, but none working on porting jecrell's mods to 1.2 unofficially)
Call of Cthulhu stuff (jec)
Rim of madness stuff (jec)
Rimwriter (jec)
Star wars lightsabers/force/factions (jec)
Doors expanded (jec)
Lord of the rims – hobbits/elves/dwarves (jec)
Lord of the rims – facial stuff
Table diner
Repower
Visible pants (by xeonovadan)
Hand me that brick lite (not sure who is mod author)
Hardworking animals
Industrial rollers (not sure if the 1.2 version of project rimfactory on steam workshop already included rollers)
Mod-E (is this a vanilla feature already??? Or there is a mod similar to this?)
Animalcollabproj (I only found v1.1, so not sure if there is a 1.2 that is not on steamworkshop)
Rimgate jaffa (xen)
Xen's taming fixer (by xen)
Pawns paint (willielambo)
Roof support (match)
Ugh you got me (still works with 1.2? as only 1.1/1.0 is available)
Combat readiness check (by marvin; alot of his really good QOL mods needs porting to 1.2)
Definitely more cannons – no armored centipedes (still works with 1.2?)
Ofuton
Detailed body textures 2 (chicken plucker mods; any good alternate?)
Rimworld search agency (by killface)
Facial stuff (killface)
Alienfaces (killface)
Rs patch for rimface
More planning (rhaks; needs 1.2)
Inventory tab (by cptkota)
Better records tab (by odie)
Editable backstories and names (by kiame?)
Better notifications (by krafs)
Soundsystem (music joy stuff by tixuanago)
Tribalinstruments (by hansenbansen)
Rimstory
Numbers (by mehni)
More faction interaction (by mehni)
Colony leadership (by nandonalt)
Dual wield (by roolo)
Outdoor lighting (by stormknight)
Dda security and more (needs 1.2)
Moody (by giant space hamster)
Vault tec – handy things for your vault (needs update to 1.2)
What's missing (by revolus)

any help will be greatly appreciated

Canute

Hi,
maybe you should search better (or steam should add a better search at the workshop) at the workshop.
At last for RePower and Doors expanded i saw there 1.2 versions.
Other mods like Antiqua i don't know and don't even found at the workshop, other are abandon since A17.

LiteEmUp

Quote from: Canute on September 09, 2020, 05:41:01 AM
Hi,
maybe you should search better (or steam should add a better search at the workshop) at the workshop.
At last for RePower and Doors expanded i saw there 1.2 versions.
Other mods like Antiqua i don't know and don't even found at the workshop, other are abandon since A17.
for the repower, i just saw the reborn on steam workshop and unfortunately its still 1.1

and for doors expanded, well idk how i missed that one considering i did search there lol...

for the rest yes i did spent more than an hour searching on steam workshop...

the other alternate i have right now is to port them myself to 1.2 version... but idk how... well maybe do's and don'ts of porting outdated versions to 1.2

Canute

Yeah at Repower i looked at the patch mod at first, but from the comments of RepowerReborn, it should work at 1.2.

And when the other mod's are abandon, and didn't even update to 1.0/1.1 from someone else i don't think someone else then you would do it !

Shinzy

I made a quick 1.2 update for antiqua since you reminded me of it's existence! (see the attachments) It still needs great deal of work to give the descriptions more diversity and be more presentable, so I'm not gonna upload it on steam just yet ;D

LiteEmUp

Quote from: Shinzy on September 10, 2020, 01:59:11 PM
I made a quick 1.2 update for antiqua since you reminded me of it's existence! (see the attachments) It still needs great deal of work to give the descriptions more diversity and be more presentable, so I'm not gonna upload it on steam just yet ;D
ok will look forward to it

so right now i'm thinking of just porting the mods to 1.2 myself...

so if i understood correctly if a mod has an assemblies folder, this means a simple xml editing is not going to work.. it requires more "knowledge" to port it successfully...

and the "quickest way" to make mods ported is by editing about.xml
now i'm not just entirely sure what lines of code to edit and what codes to use.... any tips are greatly appreciated

Canute

Yes assemblies need at the best way a new compile with the 1.2 settings.
But when you don't have the source you need to decompile them with some tools.

Even XML mod's you might need some extra work. Texture path/name got changed too. But you will notice this when you got an error or pink squares.

LiteEmUp

Quote from: Canute on September 11, 2020, 06:25:17 AM
Texture path/name got changed too. But you will notice this when you got an error or pink squares.
understood regarding this part...

so can i ask on what part in about.xml i need to change and what "stuff of codes" i need to type??

Canute

About.xml is easy, just add 1.2 at the supported versions (for a 1.1 mod)
Just take a look at a 1.2 mod how it looks.
Older mod's you prolly need to remove the targetversion part with supportedversion and packageID, just compare it with a 1.2 about.xml.

Another helpful thing is the Modupdating.txt at your installation.

But, just adding the 1.2 tag at the About.xml only say Rimworld not to show that mod as red/yellow at the modlist and only might work for 1.1 mods.
I wouldn't suggest that at 1.0 mod, but try it then try to use the mod (without others) to check if it works.